World Vision International – Jordan:
Join and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in 1950 & operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible
Position: WASH/Renewable Engineer
If you are Jordanian and meet our requirements, please submit your resume with a covering letter via the below website, only applications submitted via our website are accepted
The purpose of this position is to oversee the implementation of WASH/Solar project-To Improve accessibility to clean, recycled waste water by introducing innovative water and sanitation techniques for vulnerable schools and contributing to the adoption of environmentally sustainable Water and Sanitation practices.
The Engineer duties:
· Selection of schools which will be selected to have the innovation design at with coordination with Ministry of water and ministry of education.
· Site selection for installing the system to ensure optimum use of the technology; having an agriculture field with trees that could benefit the school.
· Design and supervise the technical aspect of the system construction by supplier/ contractor according to the agreed budget in the proposal.
· Liaison with local contractors/partners and communities on project implementation and supervision.
· Prepare Daily progress reports outlining project activities
· Work closely with procurement department for ordering key supplies.
· Prepare detailed technical designs and estimates related to construction
· Conduct assessments of Schools and beneficiaries for the suitability of the interventions.
· Carry out field-level technical assessments and data analysis
· Supervise field-level WASH infrastructure works related to the project (e.g. supervision of contractors and suppliers)
· Inspect all WASH/Renewable Infrastructure and provide certification reports
· Coordinate the water quality component of the sites that are being supervised
· Represent World Vision in meetings with community and government representatives.
· Coordinate with Communication in publishing manual, guideline and success stories on WASH/renewable energy solutions adaptation within targeted communities and the impact of World Vision intervention in these communities.
· Prepare trainings and awareness sessions materials and conduct trainings for beneficiaries on operation and maintenance of systems
· To monitor construction/implementation expenses according to bill of quantity, project budget and World Vision financial procedure.
· Prepare contractors/suppliers invoices within time and budget
· Send regular situation and program updates
· To identify the capacity of renewable energy solutions contractors and suppliers.
· To identify the capacity of members of the community to participate in the implementation
· Exhibit spiritual maturity, integrity and a dynamic personal sense of life calling
· To develop project planning including designs BOQ TOR and project schedule for renewable energy interventions
KNOWLEGDE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE;
· Bachelor Degree or related qualification master degree is preferred in Mechanical, water and environment, Renewable energy engineering or related fields
· Proven working experience in project coordination
· Considerable knowledge and experience with budgets and procurement processes
· Working knowledge of the logical framework approach to project design, monitoring and evaluation/ project cycle management.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team
· Highly organized and ability to multi-task
· Very good and efficient communicator.
· Good interpersonal skills, Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, emotional maturity, and physical stamina
· Excellent English skills (both oral and written). Arabic is a plus
· Flexible to work in field locations, able and willing to travel to the area of operation on a regular basis to meet the project requirements.
· self-motivated, positive attitude and with a willingness to learn.
· Ability to recognize problems and solve them efficiently.
· Ability to cope and work under pressure.
· Computer literate mainly in Microsoft Office package.
· Good experience using MS project.