HABITAT FOR HUMANITY JORDAN
Job Location: Jordan
The Project Manager is responsible for the management of assigned country projects throughout the project life cycle from project design to project implementation, evaluation and learning. Within the confines of organization systems, processes and procedures, as well as professional standards, the project manager will plan and designate and coordinate project resources, prepare budgets, monitor progress, and keep stakeholders informed the entire way. The project Manager will supervise and direct project team throughout the project life cycle and will be reporting to the Senior Operations Manager / National Director.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Responsible for daily project management from grant award through closeout, including planning, monitoring of implementation, financial management, reporting, risk and change management, and lessons learned.
- Coordinates project staff recruitment and manages project team, including team capacity building.
- Manages long- and short-term consultants and/or sub-contractors, including development of scopes of work, on-going oversight, and collection of supporting documentation.
- Ensures targets are delivered on time and within budget.
- Oversees project related procurement process.
- Implements security protocols.
Project Financial Management and Grant Compliance
- Ensures effective and efficient performance monitoring and reporting against donor requirements.
- Ensures adherence to applicable local legal requirements.
- Monitors project budgets, advises on budget modifications, and reviews project financial reports
- Monitors all project expenditures and projects short- and long-term project cash needs.
- Coordinates accurate and timely submission of financial reporting with the finance manager.
- Coordinates and communicates with all project stakeholders.
- Manages relationships with government agencies, donor agencies, the business community, and other stakeholders as required.
- Manages relationships with sub-grantees, local CBOs and community committees.
- Ensures good cooperation with partners.
- Raises public awareness of HFH work in Jordan.
- Proactively supports business development through research, proposal sections, concept papers, recruitment, partner identification and management.
Other duties as assigned by the direct supervisor
Experience / Skills Requirements:
- 5-7 years of donor funded program/project management design and implementation
- Working knowledge of major institutional donors funding requirements
- Proven experience managing projects, including planning and budget development, expense tracking and forecasting
- Proven ability to take the initiative in finding solutions to complex challenges
- Demonstrated ability to mobilize stakeholders into partnerships and alliances, lead and facilitate collaborative processes
- Ability to train and mentor local organizations / CBOs
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-cultural environment with multi-national staff
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and in a team
- Experience in managing and mentoring staff
- Detail-oriented with good organization and prioritization skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic is essential.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively (up to 50%), in the field and internationally
Education / Academic Requirements
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as international development, development economics, international relations, political science, public administration, economics, business administration, disaster response, or any other relevant field.
Willingness to align with and communicate the Mission Principles of Habitat for Humanity.
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your motivation letter (cover letter) accompanied by your CV to [email protected] Please ensure to include three references and all documents and communication must be in English.
Closing Date for Applications is 20 December, 2020.
KINDLY QUOTE THE TITLE OF THE VACANCY IN THE SUBJECT OF THE EMAIL.
The position is for 12 months with a possibility of extension. The position offered is a competitive compensation and benefits package in the nonprofit organization market. *HFHI is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.***
Kindly note that the CVs will be checked on a rolling basis where shortlisted candidates will be contacted before the deadline of Vacancy Closing.