World Vision International – Jordan:
Join and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in 1950 & operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Position Title: Livelihood Coordinator
If you are Jordanian and meet our requirements, please submit your resume with a covering letter via below website, only applications submitted via our website are accepted.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The purpose of this position is to lead the MADAD Youth Resolve Livelihood component. The position holder will be responsible to directly manage and support staff leading the livelihood project implementation through technical and administrative management. S/He will be responsible for reporting, financial accountability, use of appropriate curriculum, and coordinating projects reaching youth with a consistent modality for effective programming.
Manage and provide leadership for the MADAD Youth Resolve livelihood team
· Manage and support the MADAD Youth Resolve Livelihood Implementation Team
· Create and implement professional Development Plan for all direct reports and host capacity building trainings
· Research or develop tools for effective programming for all livelihood projects.
· Ensure a coordinated and consistent approach is used to reach beneficiaries for efficient and effective programming
· Ensure Project meets technical requirements including appropriate tools and curriculum for the target demographic.
· Follow up with partner organizations when appropriate to monitor capacity and implementation quality
Coordinate with the Program Development and Quality Assurance Department to maintain quality implementation and access new funding.
· Support the Livelihood Program Manager in updating livelihood Strategy documents
· Collaborate with Programme Department to make sure programme designs are technically sound
· Ensure all grants related to livelihoods refer to technical standards, consider government standards and are aligned with internal and external Strategic Objectives
· Follow up with Accountability to respond to feedback from areas of implementation to strengthen livelihood approach
Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to position World Vision within the Livelihood Sector:
· Work with other managers and coordinators to ensure crosscutting and multi sector program capacity
· Work with Supply Chain to make sure procurement planning is accurate and on target.
· Collaborate with Finance to review financial reports and maintain accurate spending reports and up-to-date budgets.
· Ensure World Vision is appropriately represented at livelihood-focused Working Groups when applicable
· Ensure high level partner coordination with local NGOs and CBOs
Prepare, review, edit, and submit regular reports
· Provide input for grant/donor and programme milestone and reports to the Youth Resolve Program Manager and the Livelihood Manager
· Provide regular updates to Livelihood Program Manager
· Contribute to updating monthly situation report and Grant performance Tracker
Undergraduate degree in Business Management or related fields.
2+ years in humanitarian response
Knowledge & Skills
· Experience in management of livelihood projects, or specific experience with employment and job skills projects.
· Effective in written and verbal communication in English, Arabic is an advantage