Deputy Chief of Party, Jordan
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, peace and stability, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
**Please note: Only Jordanian citizens are eligible for this position
The Deputy Chief of Party will contribute to the technical delivery of the project by providing technical support and managerial direction to the design of monitoring of instruments, the analysis of collected data and the drafting of deliverables. The Deputy Chief of Party will also be responsible for managing the technical implementation of this project to ensure that the deliverables represent the outcomes of sound, ethical and verifiable data collection and analysis. The Deputy Chief of Party must have excellent oral and written communication skills, analytical skills, interpersonal skills and management skills. This is a full time position.
- Contribute to the overall effectiveness by providing technical contributions, quality assurance and management support.
- Design research tools and data collection instruments.
- Ensure that data collected in the field is valid and collected consistent with the technical design requirements of the project and in accordance with good practice.
- Develop frameworks and approaches for the analysis of collected data and performing this analysis as required.
- Draft informative and user-friendly reports and presentations for clients and stakeholders.
- May have the responsibility (with others) of managing the workflow and overall performance of the primary subcontractor.
- Ensure that all subcontractor staff have been recruited and trained in accordance with project requirements.
- Perform quality assurance assessments and backchecks for collected data.
- Supervise the delivery of subcontractor deliverables.
- Interact regularly and professionally with both the client and the organizations whose projects will be subject to third-party monitoring.
- Communicate regularly with stakeholders at the direction of the Chief of Party and provide clear, concise and professional feedback, guidance and advice on all aspects of the project and of its technical performance.
- Work closely with and at the direction of the Chief of Party to support the goals and objectives of the project through other tasks not explicitly stated in this position description.
- Bachelor’s degree in international affairs, social science, statistics, or a related field required. Masters’ degree preferred.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in the humanitarian, development, or transition field.
- A minimum two years of experience working in conflict zones.
- Previous experience designing monitoring and verification systems or other rigorous qualitative and quantitative research designs.
- Previous experience implementing third party monitoring projects, M&E support projects or evaluations.
- Previous experience in data analysis and report writing.
- Previous experience managing local staff.
- Previous experience working on programs implemented in Syria is highly desirable.
- Previous experience managing sub-contractors is highly desirable.
- Arabic language skills are desirable.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com