Position Location: Amman, Jordan
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, governance and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative Associates seeks a Deputy Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated Task Order (TO) BRICC-EDU USAID Syria Education Projectunder the USAID’s Building Resilient and Inclusive Communities in Conflict (BRICC) IDIQ contract. The TO aims to strengthen Syrian communities and foster stability by expanding access to education and vocational training and increase learning opportunities for out of school children and youth interested in returning to accredited or certified education opportunities that help them to transition to school or work. The DCOP is to be based in Amman, Jordan and acts as the Chief of Party (COP) in the absence of the COP. The DCOP will be responsible for the management of the technical activities and implementation of the project.
Reporting & Supervision:
The DCOP will report directly to the COP in Amman and will supervise project staff.
- Work under the leadership of the COP to support the technical teams in the implementation of the program go improve the quality of basic education, develop primary and secondary school opportunities, expand access to vocational education, create safe school environments, strengthen education governance, and support IDPs;
- Provide technical direction and guidance to the technical team members, working with the COP to craft technically sound approaches to the TO tasks;
- Support development of implementation strategies and work plans, coordinate the day-to-day management of technical staff and technical management of the program with the field offices;
- Facilitate knowledge management, communications, and information flow for program implementation;
- Supports timely report preparation, including quarterly and annual reports and ensures compliance in reporting to USAID and the home office;
- Maintains a working knowledge of work plan budgets and expenditures, and assists the technical teams to set up and implement appropriate systems for program implementation;
- Builds strong technical team management structure that enable teams to function productively and collegially with program partners and stakeholders; and
- Represents the project in meetings and events in the absence of the COP.Qualifications
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- A Masters’ degree or higher in relevant field such as education, social sciences, or development studies;
- At least 7 years of experience in education in conflict programs;
- At least 7 years of management experience on large, complex programs;
- Demonstrated experience in the education sector in Syria is preferred, with a focus education systems, strategic planning and implementation, education reform and national-level quality improvement;
- Knowledge of basic education system technical issues;
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills;
- Remote management and grants oversight skills; and
- Oral and written fluency in English and Arabic.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Previous experience with USAID projects is desired.