Position Location: Amman, Jordan
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, governance and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative Associates seeks a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated Task Order (TO) BRICC-EDU USAID Syria Education Projectunder the USAID’s Building Resilient and Inclusive Communities in Conflict (BRICC) IDIQ contract. The TO aims to strengthen Syrian communities and foster stability by expanding access to education and vocational training and increase learning opportunities for out of school children and youth interested in returning to accredited or certified education opportunities that help them to transition to school or work. The COP is to be based in Amman, Jordan and will be responsible for overall leadership and in-country management of the TO. The COP will be a creative and flexible leader and will need to be adept at remote management of the activity, taking into consideration the logistical requirements in Syria’s dynamic environment. The COP is responsible for overall programmatic management and implementation, while also providing technical expertise to project activities. Moreover, the COP serves as the primary liaison with the donor to ensure program objectives are achieved in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Reporting & Supervision:
The COP will report directly to the Project Director at headquarters and will supervise project staff.
- Have overall responsibility for technical and financial delivery of contract requirements;
- Supervise project activity implementation and ensure the activity meets stated goals and reporting requirements;
- Provide technical expertise on Syrian political and conflict context;
- Actively engage key stakeholders and other education partners including grantees, and other USAID-funded implementing partners;
- Serve as the primary liaison with USAID/Jordan on management and technical matters;
- Report directly to the designated USAID Contracting Officer Representative (COR); and
- Manage a diverse team to deliver impact within agreed timelines.Qualifications
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- A Masters’ degree in education or a directly relevant field from an accredited university;
- At least 15 years of experience in resilience building and/or education in conflict programs;
- At least 10 years of management experience on large, complex programs;
- Demonstrated experience in professional interaction with senior U.S. and foreign government officials;
- Demonstrated experience in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region;
- Demonstrated capacity to manage large USAID programs (including subcontracts, remote offices and satellite offices) in a multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to coordinate and communicate among implementing partners, the USG, other donors, and Syrian stakeholders;
- Remote management and grants oversight skills;
- Strong understanding of the Syrian context; and
- Oral and written fluency in English.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Doctorate or PhD in education or a directly relevant field from an accredited university;
- Experience in systems strengthening programming;
- Oral and written fluency in Arabic.