Grant Manager (this position is contingent to funding availability)
World Vision International – Jordan:
Join and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in 1950 & operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Position: Grant Manager (this position is contingent to funding availability)
If you are Jordanian and meet our requirements, please submit your resume with a covering letter via below website, only applications submitted via our website are accepted
PURPOSE OF POSITION
· World Vision is seeking a Grant Manager to lead multi-sectoral projects in Northwest Syria. The grant manager will lead for major grants with the support of the portfolio manager. The Grant Manager will supervise partner staff to ensure strong grant implementation.
· The Grant Manager will provide leadership in project development, planning, implementation and monitoring. They will provide day-to-day management to achieve high quality results in line with acceptable project norms relevant to the established goals, objectives and operating policies. They will supervise the financial management of the grant in relation to projects’ goals and objectives, monthly activity schedule, timing of expenditures, budgets, etc.
· The Grant Manager will be the focal point for external representation of World Vision, sitting on the relevant Working Groups and coordination bodies, as well as liaising with donors and partners as appropriate.
· The Grant Manager will work with World Vision’s MEAL Coordinator, Procurement staff and field monitors inside Syria to develop and implement remote monitoring standards, systems and processes to ensure the highest standards of risk management.
Program design, implementation, monitoring, close-out and quality assurance:
· Assure that assigned projects are properly planned and implemented to meet agreed upon results, timelines and budgets;
· Lead on the implementation of the project in line with project documents including logframe, budget, and work-plan.
· Ensure project implementation is done according to WV and donor standards, and policies
· Coordinate and collaborate with WV support units and departments to ensure synergy
· Lead on various meetings, including internal, donor and partner meetings.
· Oversee grants management processes for quality assurance
· Analyze effectiveness and efficiency of project implementation and introduce corrective measures where needed;
· Ensure technical oversight, quality and support is given to partners to implement protection activities and programs
· Report on project progress and activities as required using WV/donor templates;
· Determine staffing requirements and facilitate hiring and orientation;
· In collaboration with the Portfolio Manager and Partner Capacity Building Coordinator identify areas for staff/partner development;
· Deliver and/or arrange technical and operational capacity building of staff and partners
· Ensure staff/partner wellbeing;
· Build and maintain strong relationships with partners to facilitate effective partnership on projects under portfolio;
· Work with the partnership coordinator in the Syria Country Office to ensure the agency maintains an understanding of partnership challenges and opportunities across Syria;
· Support partners throughout the project management cycle
· Work with the MEAL Coordinator to review, design and refine remote monitoring protocols and ensure they are being applied to the project;
· Review and update risk and contingency plans to account for changes in the operating context;
· Ensure strong systems are in place to detect and deter fraud, waste and diversion and to rapidly report incidents to senior management;
· Ensure that systems are in place for designated projects to ensure end-to-end verification of the delivery of supplies and to monitor partner procurement;
· Train and mentor staff and partner staff on risk management and risk mitigation.
Safety and Security Responsibilities:
· Responsible of own security and actively contribute to a positive security culture.
· Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to line manager and / or security manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Masters or Post Graduate University degree in Education, Social Sciences, International Development or other related majors, OR Bachelor’s degree with equivalent work experience (more than 5 years)
· Comprehensive knowledge of International Human Rights Law, International Humanitarian Law, Refugee Law, the relevant positions of the UN, ICRC and major NGOs on protection of civilians in particular of IDPs and refugees, women and children, the codes of conduct, the Humanitarian Charter, The Sphere Project, etc.;
· Strong English and Arabic communication skills (oral and written);
· Strong communication skills with ability to express ideas and concepts clearly and persuasively with senior members of the humanitarian community as well as with field practitioners;
· Excellent networking skills;
· High degree of negotiation and persuasion skills;
· Ability to work with a reasonably level of comfort in high tension and high security risk situations;
· Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psychologically stressful environments and physical hardships;
· Ability to facilitate the creation of cross-functional project teams and the development of national strategies;
· Understands work from a process point of view and uses measurement and accountability systems effectively;
· Demonstrates openness and transparency;
· Knowledge of Syria specific context and cross-border assistance.
· Minimum of 5 years’ operational humanitarian experience with minimum of 2 years in a leadership role in an emergency context;
· Experience in remote management;
· Proven experience in training, including development of training materials.
· Full adherence to World Vision Child Protection, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies
· Remote management skills and experience in partner management.
· Experience managing health-sector projects is preferred