Infrastructure Coordinator- World Vision International
Join and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in 1950 & operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
For more information please visit www.wvi.org website.
Position Title: Infrastructure Coordinator
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To engage in establishing early childhood care and development (ECCD) centers to ensure quality of the project and monitoring construction of class rooms, water supply and sanitation infrastructures. More over to supervise School Engineers, follow up on budget and coordinate with CiE-sector.
Program management and evaluation
a. Ensure appropriate and child friendly technologies are used in the designs and construction of ECCD-centers and school infrastructures are according to government standard and meets the project purpose.
b. Provide support to School Engineers to ensure quality of work, timely and consistent progress of supervision work of infrastructure works.
c. Receives feedback from School Engineers and provides timely report to the Project Manager.
d. Coordinate with Monitoring and Evaluation to track the project implementation indicators.
e. Ensure beneficiary communities involvement and participation in project implementation.
f. Participate in development of detailed implementation plan, monthly reports, procurement and financial report tracking
a. Represent World Vision externally (government, schools, pilot areas, etc.)
b. Represent World Vision in meetings with other NGO’s and locals partners
Advocacy and Communication
a. Coordinate with Communication in publishing WV signs and success stories in water, sanitation and class room infrastructures works.
To follow up construction expenses according to bill of quantity, project budget and World Vision financial procedure.
Senior Management Leadership
a. To assist Infrastructure related works; Coordinate in situation and progress updates
Human Resource Management
a. To identify the capacity of School Engineers in World Vision Jordan Syrian Refuge Response
a. Exhibit spiritual maturity, integrity and a dynamic personal sense of life calling
· Organizing team work and supervise the works and coordinate their roles.
· Helping in preparing final reports and documentation to submit to the donor.
Ability to organize and control documentation.
· Ability to provide weekly updates and reporting based on the requirement.
·Strong cross-cultural communication and resilience skills are very important.
University degree in civil engineering, environmental engineering, water supply and sanitation engineering, and Construction Management or related fields
· Experience in coordinating a team and school infrastructure projects for at least 3 years
· 6 years’ experience in NGO work
Knowledge & Skills:
· Team coordination and excellent management style.
· Ability to train and increase capacity of engineers.
· Decentralised water and sanitation infrastructures.
· Water and sanitation in emergency and development.
· Excellent English Communication skills (oral and written).
· Thorough knowledge of Auto CAD, MS office and Lotus Notes.
· Ability to interact with contractors, and beneficiaries.
· Commitment to World Vision Core values and mission statement.
. Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible world view, emotional maturity and physical stamina.
· Ability to exhibit exemplary lifestyle as interpreted in specific local culture context.
· Knowledge of and adherence to the Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct, understands other international development guidelines.
· Knowledge of MS Project Management tool
• Achieving quality results and service
• Practicing accountability and integrity
• Communicating information effectively
• Thinking clearly, deeply and broadly
• Understanding the Humanitarian industry
• Understanding WV’s mission & operations
• Practicing continuous innovation & creativity
• Learning for growth and development
• Maintaining work/life balance
• Building collaborative relationships
• Practicing gender & cultural diversity
• Influencing individuals & groups
If you are Jordanian and meet our requirements, please submit your resume with a covering letter to: [email protected]. Please write “ Infrastructure Coordinator – WVJ“** in the E-mail subject line. Successful candidates only will be notified for the interview.