Women’s Rights Programme Manager
ACTIONAID ARI: Job Description and Person Specification
Women’s Rights Programme Manager
Contract Type Fixed term
The Programme Manager under the supervision of the Head of Programme, Policy and Campaigns will be responsible for overall coordination and timely implementation of the Arab Region Women’s Rights programme as per the AR strategy 2018-2022. This is a 6 month (maternity cover).
Key Accountabilities Areas of Responsibilities
· Be responsible for the implementation of women’s rights program and project activities and ensuring that the program targets are met. This involves planning activities and managing according to the implementation work plan.
· Development and roll-out of relevant assessments, tools and documents for program activities (in conjunction with technical support as relevant).
· Closely manage and support the remote implementation of project activities from the design phase through to implementation and close out.
· Produce quality periodical reports/updates and maintain/feed into grants tracking system by ensuring that activities, grant and any sub-grants records are kept up to date.
· Ensure compliance with donor rules and requirements.
· Enable strong monitoring activities in accordance with the program objectives.
· Coordinate internally with finance, compliance, humanitarian access, information management and program development teams, ensuring a consistent approach to project design, implementation and close out.
· Pay close attention to issues, incidents or concerns. Alert the Program Manager of these and offer possible solutions.
· Support the development of lessons learned through the identification of program strengths, weaknesses, and challenges.
· Play a key role in narrative reporting to the donor.
· Maintain a well-organized and consistent filing system and tracking system for all program documentation and information in line with AA-ARI minimum standards.
· Ensure a good understanding of the women’s rights context, socio-cultural norms and behaviors/practices and policies at the regional level.
· Where possible, provide technical oversight and support, direct and/or remotely, for the technical components of the program. implementation. Liaise with AA-AR’s experts in specific fields to acquire the required technical support. **
Representation and Coordination
· Coordination with relevant Ministries and government entities to coordinate and ensure achievement of program objectives and targets. **
· Coordination and support the facilitation of cooperation and partnership with all relevant stakeholders to further develop the programme.
· Communicate, coordinate, follow up and guide AA-AR partners in other countries in the region with whom there is possible cooperation and partnership either on current or future partnerships.
· Contribute to the development of the overall women’s rights program strategy, specifically in terms of needs, priorities, and geographic location for activities.
· Contribute to the design and development of new proposals.
· As required by the supervisor, represent AA-AR at donor meetings, and government and coordination meetings. **
Accountability to Stakeholders
· Ensure that beneficiary communities are adequately informed about programs, are aware of their entitlements, are comfortable to give feedback and that feedback is used to improve the quality of our programs.
· Ensure all activities are gender sensitive and follow AA-AR’ Gender Equity Policy.
· Support the undertaking of best practices for engaging young women and girls in Jordan and the unique approach of ActionAid.
· Apply Do No Harm standards to ensure activities do not have detrimental effects on vulnerable communities. Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to AA-AR and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission or put the team, assets and mission at risk **
· Lead on establishing high quality semi-annual and annual reports for relevant government agencies.
· Lead on establishing high quality regional annual reports for ActionAid International that highlight regional Programme achievements and milestones.
· Lead in coordinating the Annual Planning Process in collaboration with other departments.
· Ensure regular learning events exist within the organization including the quarterly department reflection, annual reflection workshop etc.
· Maintain networks and relations with concerned government agencies, I/NGOs and other networks for cross learning and building profile of the organisation
· Facilitate internal learning processes through Act-reflect sessions with program staff and build organizational learning strategies.
· Participate in and support internal office coordination and planning meetings and workshops.
· Assist in any other task or duty assigned by the supervisor **
Education & Certifications
· Relevant Bachelor Degree or higher in Development, Management and social sciences or any relevant field. Expertise in women’s rights, particularly working on gender equality and feminist projects with NGOs; organization; managerial and supervisory skills; basic computer skills; social work and/or community development; inter-personal communication skills; advanced written communication; data collection, sorting, and analysis; fluency in Arabic and English. Knowledge of issues impacting female refugees a plus.
Essential Experience Knowledge and Skills
· A minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience in women’s rights and feminist programmes and projects.
· Broad experience and understanding of Civil Society Organizations, their operations and functionality in the Levant region generally and Jordan specifically.
· Extensive experience in the civil society, NGO nonprofit sector in Jordan and experience liaising with local NGOS and government agencies.
· Good understanding/knowledge of the local context and sensitivities in Jordan.
· Experience in working and jointly implement projects involving local organizations/ government agencies as implementing partners.
· Very integrated and sophisticated understanding of the Jordanian social, political, educational and historical context.
· Good knowledge of Programme Cycle Management and Development
· Systematic, thorough and details-oriented approach to data collection
· Leadership and management.
· Demonstrable team capacity building skills/ experience, and in convening and facilitating trainings and workshops.
· Competent in MS Excel, Word, Power Point and experience using. statistical programs such as SPSS.
· Excellent English language skills required.
· Willingness to undertake frequent field site visits.
Desirable, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
· Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
· Deep commitment to humanitarian principles and values
· Willingness to learn new skills and methodologies
· Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
· Demonstrated organizational skills.
· Demonstrated creative problem-solving skills Security, political and cultural aware.
· Strong communication and representation skills
· Team player and group facilitator for shared learning.
· Ability to facilitate change in the organisation
· Excellent analytical, oral and writing skills.
Adheres to ActionAid’s value, which are: Mutual respect; Equity and justice; Honesty and transparency; Solidarity with the poor; Courage of conviction; Independence; Humility; Quality and excellence
This Job Description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications should be sent
With your CV, motivation cover letter to: email@example.com(only received CVs on this email will be considered) please clearly indicate which position you are applying for, you will not be considered without putting this title in the subject bar. We respect all candidates but we can only respond to shortlisted candidates.