We are seeking a junior Android developer (1 – 3 years of experience) to join our highly-skilled Apps Development team in the technical department, based in Amman-Jordan.
1. As part of the Apps Development team, your job will be to build and deploy high-quality Android applications using Android Studio, you will also work on modifying and maintaining our existing apps. All this should happen while collaborating with cross-functionality teams to deliver the work according to the set plans.
Required experiences and skills:
• 1 – 3 years in developing native Android applications.
• Strong knowledge and experience in Java and Android Studio.
• You should have a strong knowledge and understanding of the following concepts: Activity life cycle, Fragments, Material Design, Push Notifications, support libraries, Gradle, Android Resources structure, Layouts and anything else related to Android apps development.
• Strong experience on firebase Realtime database and realm database
• Kotlin experience is a plus.
• Excellent understanding of Object-Oriented Development.
• Capable of working on new apps and modifying existing ones with different structures and complexities.
• Good experience in integrating with RESTful APIs.
• Good experience in integrating with the native hardware components as well as different 3rd party SDKs and libraries, such as maps providers, firebase products…etc.
• Experience with Git through both terminal and GUI tools.
• Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Able to work under pressure and deliver on time.
• Has the knack to write high quality, bug-free code, while making sure to properly test the work.
• Always keen to learn and improve oneself skills.
• Strong communication skills.
• Fluent English language skill