Vacancy: Senior Technical Writer
A multi-national IT company in Amman is seeking to recruit a Senior Technical Writer to join its business development team who works closely with mobile applications development.
We are currently seeking a professional to join this expanding team. The successful applicant will be responsible for creating technical documents and manuals, explaining complex information in a clear and concise manner and working with technical staff to ensure accuracy of product descriptions.
• Determine the needs of end users of technical documentation
• Study product samples and talk with product designers and developers
• Work with technical staff to make products easier to use and thus need fewer instructions
• Prepare instruction manuals, journal articles, and other supporting documents to communicate complex and technical information more easily
• Develop, gather, and disseminate technical information among customers, designers, and manufacturers
• Organize and write supporting documents for products
• Use photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users’ understanding
• Select appropriate medium for message or audience, such as manuals or online videos
• Standardize content across platforms and media
• Gather usability feedback from customers, designers, and manufacturers
• Revise documents as new issues arise
• Use the interactive technologies of the Web to blend text, graphics, multidimensional images, sound, and video.
Skills & Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years experience in a technical writing position
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency in MS Office
• Strong attention to detail
• Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
• Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
If you have previous experience as a Technical Writer in the IT industry, we encourage you to submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with mentioned the job title.