Internship | 6 Months | ASAP
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last mile: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. With a team of 4,600 national staff 400 international staff, ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 14 million beneficiaries.
Through its coordination office in Amman, ACTED is working in Jordan to meet the needs of the refugee populations in the country, with a shift from lifesaving activities to long-term livelihoods programming. ACTED also provides support to Jordanian host populations and local actors, also affected by the challenges faced by the country, ensuring all can access basic services. In Za’atari camp, Azraq camp and Mafraq, ACTED teams play a key role in the management and coordination of refugee camps, support to informal tented settlement populations and provide emergency assistance to ensure people’s access to food, water and hygiene and sanitation facilities. More broadly, ACTED works with municipalities and community organizations to build capacity and promote sustainable solutions.
You will be in charge of
Under the supervision of the Country Transparency and Compliance Manager / Officer (in any) or Country Director:
Facilitate the implementation of the ACTED standard guidelines and FLATS System in the country
- Follow-up of the Compliance process at base level by ensuring the monthly flow of documentation from the Area to the Capital office;
- Participate in IP due diligence for all IP prior to their engagement;
- Follow-up of the compliance process at implementing partner level by ensuring the monthly flow of documentation from the implementing partner to the Capital office;
- Support the National FLAT officer/participate in compiling and filing all project related financial, logistics, administrative, HR, and programme information in the designated project Compliance folder.
- Support the FLAT officer in identifying the compliance issues by filling the compliance checklists (FLA 01 and FLA 02)
- Link with the other departments and share the compliance issues identified and the action plan to mitigate the risk
- Contribute to the follow-up of the action plan
- Contribute to the monthly update of the FLAT Folder follow up (FLA-03)
- Contribute to the Monthly Compliance Report and the Audit TITANIC.
- Perform Market surveys (FLA-05) upon the request of the Country Director or Regional Auditor.
Facilitate the external audit preparation and the due diligences
- Contribute to the preparation of external audits and due diligences in close collaboration with the HQ Audit Department;
- Issue draft of the External Audit preparation (AUD-01) and ensure the update of Project, FLAT & External Audit Follow-up (AUD-00);
- In close relation with the Country Director and the Country Finance Manager, facilitate the audit (kick off and close out meetings of each external audit);
- Draft ACTED Management responses to the audit report, to be reviewed by the Country Risk and Compliance Manager / Officer (in any) or the Country Director first and then by the HQ Audit Department. Follow-up the reception of the signed audit report;
- Contribute to the update of the External Audit Recommendations follow up (AUD-02) and to the implementation of the recommendations from external audits.
Contribute to the implementation of the approved national internal audit plan
- Facilitate the drafting of the Terms of reference
- Participate to internal audit missions and conduct checks based on the internal audit checklists
- Provide a drafted audit report and action plan
- Facilitate the recommendation follow-up
Training sessions / lessons learn / best practices
Capacity building and Training
- During the audit mission, when a gap in know-how or a need for clarifications are identified, provide practical training on specific areas of ACTED procedures.
- Contribute to proactive dissemination and use of knowledge gained through audit activities (internal and external audits) among international and national staff;
- Organize and facilitate learning events in order to capture best practices and lessons learnt when an external/internal audit is done or as required;
- Document and share the lessons learnt and best practices on time and ensure that the knowledge gained contributes to the improvement of ATED’s compliance.
- Participate in positive working environment and good team dynamics among Audit staff in the country;
- Ensure that the Audit teams in the country retain all that is distinctive about ACTED including the organizations values and beliefs, global identity, coherence and consistency, and independence and impartiality.
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team members;
- Perform any other related activities as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Expected skills and qualifications
- Postgraduate diploma in Finance/ Audit or International Relations
- Previous related work experience, preferably in the humanitarian field w/knowledge of finance and logistics
- Postgraduate diploma in relation to the position
- Excellent English writing and communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Ability to work in an unstable security environment moving
- Willingness to work and live in often remote areas under basic conditions
- Ability to work independently and creatively about the land and capital
Status : volunteer
- Living allowance of 300 USD
- Lodging and food provided in the ACTED Guesthouse
- Flights tickets in and out + Visa taken in charge by ACTED
- Provision of medical and repatriation insurances
How to apply
Send your application (CV + Cover Letter) at [email protected] Ref : FLATI/JOR