Trainee Program Operations – Jordan
Trainee Program Operations – Jordan
Norwegian Refugee Council
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Rights Respected, People Protected
NRC in Jordan
Established in 2012 NRC Jordan’s long-term outlook addresses the problems affecting life as a refugee. We work to build the resilience of Syrians, and to relieve the impact on the Jordanian communities that host them. Syrian refugees in Jordan are struggling. As they contend with difficult living conditions across the country, the obstacles are complex. They struggle to remain registered as refugees, to provide for their families, and to access essential services – including education for their children. The Jordanian communities that host them, meanwhile, feel the impact of hosting high numbers of refugees – with each year that passes, local infrastructure becomes more strained.
Trainee Program Operations – Jordan Office
NRC’s Talent development trainee programme is designed to provide opportunities for individuals to gain experience in the humanitarian sector through a structured framework of on the job training, supportive leadership and individual training. Trainees will gain insight and understanding of humanitarian principles and functions and develop personal and professional competencies to prepare them for a future career within the sector. During the programme, trainees will work towards defined responsibilities with the objective of gaining the required level of key skills and experience in a specific profile. .
The Trainee will work under the direct supervision of the Country Management Group (CMG) to support the implementation of the 2018 – 2020 strategic priorities. The work will consist of a series of special projects covering a wide range of topics within both support and program departments. Through this position the Trainee will be exposed to a wide range of management and strategic issues. He / She will be expected to take the lead on the given project, working with the relevant program and support departments to produce products for CMG review with the support of the mentor and line manager. In addition, the position will support the Head of Operation and Support in time – bound operational tasks related to program and support function implementation. Through these initiatives and through close cooperation with the CMG in the day – to – day management of the country program’s portfolio, the trainee will gain direct and relevant experience in the program operations role within the humanitarian sector working in line with a structured learning framework in line with the following responsibilities:
Roles and Responsibilities:
- In coordination with the CMG and the Head of Operations identify priority work streams for each quarter based on Country Office needs and areas of interest.
- Design and lead the implementation of the initiatives based on agreed upon ToRs aimed at tackling key program implementation and support function challenges. Work closely with the CMG member leading the selected initiative throughout the process and ask for guidance and regular feedback.
- In addition to special project oversight work closely with senior management team to gain experience and provide support in time – bound tasks related to day – to – day project management and implementation.
- Actively participate in the day – to – day work of NRC in Jordan through participation in Grants Review Meetings, Project management meetings, learning events and through field visits to gain an in – depth understanding of the inner workings of a NRC Country Office
- At the end of the contract provide thorough feedback on the traineeship program with the aim to ensure continuous learning for NRC and the country program.
Our Ideal Candidate:
NRC is seeking a passionate, energetic, eager to learn Trainee, who is looking to move their career up to the next level by developing their personal and technical skills in the Humanitarian Sector through understanding the humanitarian principles and functions.
We are looking for a candidate with strong English writing skills, highly attentive to details and a team player.
As we are working in a challenging context, the Candidate has to be flexible, and has the ability to prioritize, solve problems and Autonomous and able to meet deadlines.
Professional competencies for this position:
- Previous exposure to the humanitarian field
- Proof of interest in program implementation
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Detail oriented and organized
- Higher degree in relevant subject
- Knowledge of Arabic and or the Region is an asset
- Ability to work independently, while seeking regular feedback
Contract period: 12 months
Monthly Living Grant : 12.000 NOK
Duty station: Jordan
Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start
Related documents: Job Description
- Apply for position
- Deadline for application:20/08/2018
- Key info:Advertiser:Norwegian Refugee Council
Ref. nr.: 3894425213Contract
- Contact info:Rania Kudsirania.email@example.com
- Search criteria:LocationJordanIndustryEmergency ReliefSpecial fieldOperations
- Job location: