Staff Care- Consultant
Staff Care- Consultant
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is seeking the services of an experienced staff care expert to review staff wellbeing, assess existing coping mechanisms and develop an action plan for staff care system development in Jordan. DRC Jordan works in urban settings as well as in camps, in protection and livelihoods programming. The consultant is expected to work across teams in both settings in addition to the Country Office team.
The expected time-frame for the consultancy is between September and October 2018
About the job
The individual will report directly to Protection Coordinator. Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Review DRC Staff Wellbeing Survey implemented in 2018 and complement with brief online survey with key persons from different bases to design the scope of staff care priorities applicable to DRC Jordan
- Undertake group sessions with staff (program, support, and country office) to priorities factors of stress: analyse sources of stress and coping mechanisms (ie looking at existing coping strategies, positive and negative, and areas where staff require further support).
- Undertake individual meetings with relevant staff including SMT and base staff to determine recommendations for appropriate staff care system set up
- Propose and develop an applicable self-care system, in consultation with the SMT.
- Develop an action plan for implementing and monitoring the proposed self care system in DRC Jordan.
- One workshop/group session per base including the coordination office: (x8)
- A report including the results of wellbeing survey, group and individual meetings’ results.
- Final report including recommendations on applicable staff care system for DRC Jordan ( with clear action plan, resources needed, phases of set up of staff care clearly depicted)
- Checklists for SMT, managerial staff and peers on staff care strategies
Interested candidates are expected to apply by submitting:
- Updated CV of the consultant enlisting his/her qualifications and experience in staff care
- A cover letter showing clear understanding of the ToR and demonstrated experience
- A financial proposal showing daily rate
- 1 sample work in line with deliverables above..
Required / Desirable
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience in staff care
- Previous experience in providing staffcare ideally in INGO settings in the Middle East (individual counselling and group counselling experience preferred)
- Cultural sensitivity and sound understanding of Jordan context (urban and camp)
- Excellent social and communication skills
- Uphold confidentiality
- Master’s degree in Psychology , Social Work or related field
- Professional training in stress management
- English- Advanced / Arabic- Fluent
Excellent Arabic and English language skills required, spoken and written In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
All applicants must upload one file including all the requested documents; technical proposal, financial proposal, workplan and CV.
Applications sent by email will not be considered.**
Closing date for applications: 06 Oct 2018
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
To submit your application, please click on the below link: