Regional Senior Manager, MEAL and Info Management
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global leader in providing emergency relief, rehabilitation, post conflict development, human rights protection, resettlement services and advocacy for refugees and other uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is committed to restoring hope, freedom, dignity, and self-reliance.
This role is part of the IRC’s Middle East Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Regional team with close collaboration with the Regional Technology for Programs and the GIS & Information Analyst. The ideal candidate has experience setting up sustainable data management and reporting environments for MEAL in different humanitarian aid contexts, and building the capacity of MEAL colleagues in different CPs to enhance and maintain them. He/She is adept at methods of ensuring data quality and analyzing data in order to build meaningful information products within the MEAL units in CPs, and has experience working in a cross-cutting role. Stakeholders include M&E and program staff for Jordan, Iraq, Lebanon, and Syria, as well as the regional office team.
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning
- Provide oversight and ensure quality control and compliance with IRC MEAL and data quality standards across the region
- Assist with the implementation of regional and global MEAL initiatives
- Gather, catalogue and maintain a repository of monitoring tools across the region
- Collaborate with the Technology for Programs Manager to scope, design, build, and maintain replicable M&E applications which will provide consistent, accurate data for use by Programs
- Ensure the accuracy and integration of regional MEAL data sets and assist in producing reports for regional projects.
- Coordinate with IRC colleagues, local and regional, to develop integrated information resources
- Perform capacity building of staff to use best practices in data collection and management resulting in higher quality data and analysis
Data and Information Management:
- Collaborate with Regional Coordinator, ICT4P, to define data management standards and ensure alignment with IRC-wide policies and practices
- Support development of information management and knowledge management procedures for MEAL units in different CPs, creating regional harmonization where appropriate
- Partnering with program colleagues, support set-up of proper data storage environments which create a sustainable source data connection for business intelligence tools
- Collaborate with the Technology for Programs Manager to support and automate data extraction, transformation, and loading into analysis data environments where possible
- Help to define multi-stakeholder MEAL requirements and translate that into system requirements that include role-based security, consistency in data definitions, and appropriate procedures for users
- Create training and capacity building plans to support MEAL and IM staff in works related to data collection and data management; data cleaning and processing; data analysis and visualization ( In full collaboration with Regional GIS/IM) ; foundational technical skills such as relational data concepts and SQL
- Introduce appropriate and sustainable technologies and/or methodologies for MEAL units across the region to improve the efficiency and rigor of information systems and information analysis
- Contribute to the wider context and information analysis/visualization led by the regional context analysis team.
External Relations and Development
- Represent IRC at industry conferences and meetings, showing IRC solutions and learning alternative approaches
- Collaborate with RMAC to identify, cultivate and maintain existing and develop new relationships with donors, other IRC regions, partners and constituents, both domestic and international
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Regional Measurement Action Coordinator**
Position directly supervises: **None
Key Internal Stakeholders:
· Country: M&E and Program Staff across all ME countries
· Regional: Regional Advocacy and Communications Team / Regional Colleagues
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in Information Management, Computer Science is desired.
· Minimum 5 years of progressive relevant experience is needed.
· At least 3 years of experience with an international organization or international experience.
· INGO experience strongly preferred.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
· A commitment to IRC’s mission and vision
· Experience with MEAL and/or measurement systems in humanitarian settings
· Experience with data analysis within the humanitarian sector
· Experience with set up of Access data storage, preferably using online (sharepoint)
· Experience with PowerBI or other like data visualization/analysis tools
· Knowledge of data collections tools such as CommCare, Ona, and ODK tools
· Knowledge of best practices used in data management and governance in the humanitarian sector
· Advanced knowledge in MS Office especially Excel formulas and VBscript
· Understanding of accountability towards beneficiary privacy and data protection
· Experience with creating and performing capacity building for colleagues
· Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment and decisions
· Excellent planning, coordination, monitoring and organizational skills
· Strong relationship management, communication, and collaboration skills
· Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
· A good sense of humor and capacity to work in a complex work environment handling multiple demands concurrently
· Set up of SQL database / Azure database
· Strong knowledge of Relational Database Management System (RDBMS), especially SQL
· Knowledge of SDLC
· Knowledge of R-Script
· Knowledge of workflow management / business systems
· Basic experience with managing software projects and software vendors
- English and Arabic are required.
- Travel: Frequent travel across ME region country programs
IRC staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Global Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Returning National Candidates:** We strongly encourage national or returning national candidates to apply for this position. If you are a national of the Country in which this position is based and are currently located outside of your home country and possess over two years of international work experience, the Middle East Region has introduced an attractive remuneration package. The package includes competitive compensation, return flight to post, shipping allowance, temporary housing and a relocation allowance. Certain restrictions may apply. IRC strives to attract, motivate and retain qualified national staff in our programs.
Gender Equality:** IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
Only Applicants who apply through the link will be considered: