Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Summary of key responsibilities:
The Regional Project Management Specialist will play an integral role in Capacity Building, Training and Knowledge Management. The successful incumbent will advise project staff on the application, interpretation and adoption of corporate policy, guidance and best practice; provide expertise and support in implementation of PRINCE2® and UNOPS PM Methodology. This role will also be involved in the support of training and internal consulting in project and programme management. This role is aimed at providing a surge capacity for special initiatives and requests from the region assigned. Key to this role, the successful candidate will also contribute to the community of practice, make recommendations on policy and tools to HQ Groups. Provide necessary advice and support during the “formulation/kick off phase” of new initiatives with focus on quality assurance and quality control of project documents and progress reports.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Implementation Support
- Technical Advice and Quality Assurance
- Partnership Development
- Training and Development
- General Support
- Monitoring and Progress Controls
You may find more information at https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=20790
- Master’s degree in Project/ programme Management, Business Administration, Economics, Development Studies, Engineering or a closely related field is required.
- A Bachelor degree Project/ Programme Management, Business Administration, Economics, Development Studies, Engineering or closely related field combined with 2 years additional relevant work experience can be accepted in lieu of the Master’s degree.
- Certification in PRINCE2® Practitioner is an asset.
- Certification in MSP®, P3O® and PMP is highly desired.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive experience in Programme/ Project Management and Operations is required, with at least three (3) years demonstrated experience in managing projects in the international development context.
- Experience within the UN, bilateral or multilateral institutions is an asset.
- Experience of working in the Middle East region and contextual understanding of the region is highly desirable.
- Experience in a consultancy role is an asset.
- Experience in post-conflict project management is highly desired.
- Experience in Infrastructure, Construction management is considered an advantage.
- Background in Engineering is an advantage.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Fluency in Arabic is highly desired.