Regional Logistics Advisor – MIDDLE EAST (based in Amman)
Place: JORDAN (Amman)
Length: 12 months
Starting date: 15/05/2019
Closing date for applications: 07/04/2019
Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Handicap International is changing his name and becomes « Humanity & Inclusion ». HI, Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
HI has offices in 63 countries; for further information about the association: www.hi.org.
JOB CONTEXT :
The Regional Logistics Advisor will support the Middle East geographical division that encompasses the following programmes: Yemen, Iraq, Syria, Middle East Regional programme (Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine and Egypt).
Under the hierarchical responsibility of the Logistics Director and in collaboration with the various services of the head office, the logistic advisor accompanies the programmes and monitor the good management of the logistic resources on the geographical directions / thematic of which she / he is in charge. She / he is the privileged interlocutor of the geographical Director and as such the alert and offers solutions within its scope of responsibility.
The main mission of the Regional Logistics Advisor is to monitor & mentor logistical staff of the programmes under the Middle East geographical division in conformity with HI’s internal framework and any regulations imposed by institutional donors, and to guarantee on-going logistical assistance for the activities developed.
The main responsibilities are the following:
- Contribute to Logistics capability improvement
- Assist programmes in solving problems
- Monitor the accountability of HI Programmes
YOUR PROFILE :
- You hold a degree in Logistics, supply chain or management.
- You have at least 4 years of experience as Logistics Manager / Logistics Coordinator in the field within international NGOs.
- You have experience in providing trainings.
- You have a good understanding of humanitarian principles and environment.
- English is mandatory. French is an asset.
- You have good communication and negotiation skills.
- You are autonomous, flexible and persuasive.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE POSITION:
Despite the different conflicts affecting the overall Middle East regional, the security in Jordan is still fairly good. In Amman, despite some sporadic demonstrations the living conditions are excellent with little restrictions. Jordanians are very welcoming and life for foreigners is generally quite comfortable. Expect minimum standards of respect and adaptation to the local culture and traditions. The post covers for the Middle East geographical division, which implies regular missions to the different countries where situation can be harsher and therefore under the conditions of security procedures established by HI, that have to be strictly followed.
- Starting date : 15/05/2019
- Length of the contract: 12 months**
- Employee status, according to experience :
- Salary from 2757 € gross/month regarding the experience of the candidate
- Perdiem : 624 € net/month
- Insurances : medical hearth coverage, retirement planning, repatriation
- Paid holiday : 25 days per year
- R&R : 1 day per month
- Status : position open to families
- Housing : individual taken in charge by HI
Only online by joining a CV and cover letter via the following link: https://hi.profilsearch.com/recrute/fr/fo_annonce_voir.php?id=3193&idpar…