Position: Regional HR Officer
Location: Amman – Jordan
Reports to: Regional HR Manager
Duration: 12 months (renewable).
About Relief International.
Relief International (RI) is a leading nonprofit organization working in 16 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Relief International includes the four members of the RI Alliance in the USA, UK, France, and Belgium. Under our alliance agreement, we operate under a single, shared management structure with one CEO and one Board of Directors.
About our Country/Regional Programs
RI operates in five countries in the Middle East region: Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Turkey and Yemen, with a focus on the four RI sector pillars: Health, WASH, Education and Economic Opportunity. RI currently employs more than 4,000 staff (direct and indirect) in the Middle East region and implements a range of emergency response and development programs valued at approximately $70 million USD on an annual basis.
The Regional HR Officer (RHRO) will support the Regional HR Manager to ensure the provision of HR services, quality HR compliance and administrative support to the Regional HR team and other regional departments. The Regional HR Officer will support the countries on the standardization of HR policies, systems, reports and procedures. The RHRO is expected to; actively and effectivly support through the full cycle of recruitment of staff, updating and collecting HR data and reporting in a timely and accurate manner. The RHRO is expected to demonstrate the right behavioral characteristics to act in an ethical, professional, and credible manner.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Ensure an accurate and a timely update of HR data and records related to the international staff in ME and local regional staff
- Ensure that HR systems are updated in alignment with any changes in personnel in a timely manner; Ensure that the data and information of all new joiners are updated in the needed files and HR Systems (i.e: LMS, RI Excel…etc).
- Ensure that all the staff receive and sign all onboarding and exit documents, while updating all relevant RI systems
Recruitment & Staffing
- Provide active support in the Recruitment process/steps which include but are not limited to: Vacancy Posting, CV shortlisting , Scheduling Interviews, Scheduling tests, Conducting Interviews, Reference Checks, Terrorist Checks, Offer Preparation, Contract preparation and Gathering Pre-Employment Documents.
- Support in entering new hires information and updating current staff information in the international staff list.
- Closely follow up on scheduling the On-Boarding Program meetings for international staff to ensure the accuracy of the program’s execution; reminders regarding the due dates of the meetings should be sent on time to the employee and the supervisor and follow up regarding the meetings scheduled should be done.
- Populate and extract staff data analysis information on the different HR subject groups
- Performance Evaluations (RI Excel):
- The RHRO should provide ongoing support to RI Performance Evaluation users; including responding to various inquiries raised by different employees, clarifying the appraisal forms, methodology and report any technical related issues.
- The RHRO should follow up with the international staff to complete the 90 days & annual performance evaluation on a timely manner.
- Update and adjust the RI Performance Evaluation system and report on a weekly basis.
- Employee Relations
- Act as a point of reference for employees regarding any queries or clarifications on HR services, SOPs, and procedures to ensure the presence of consistency and common understanding.
- Assist the Regional HR Manager and it’s team in scheduling and note taking on Employee Relations meetings to ensure that decisions related to warnings, disciplinary actions, PIPs, contract-cuts, contract non-renewals are well documented and in alignment with RI’s disciplinary measures.
- Miscellaneous Tasks
- Ensure that the administrative steps and needed documentation regarding the new contracts, contract extensions, staff transfers promotions and any other change in the personnel status are done on a timely manner in order to avoid unnecessary delays;
- Support regular HR audits across country offices to ensure compliance to RI policies, procedures, systems, and donor regulations.
- Based on the HR departmental needs and requirements, the RHRO might also be requested to provide additional support, which might not be specified but within the HR spectrum
- Cover some additional task within the HR Team during high workload and/or during leaves.
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree preferably in Human Resource Management, Operations Management and/or Business Administration.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in a busy HR environment in a nongovernmental organization, experience working in projects across multiple countries is an added advantage.
- Strong customer service skills, personable, able to deal with a variety of people comfortably and pleasantly.
- Familiarity with the Employment Law for countries in the Middle East
- Previous experience within an NGO is highly preferable
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Ability to share knowledge and work in a strong team-oriented environment.
- Proficient in IT – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and spoken English. Arabic is an asset.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges. We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives.
We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a journey, and we are committed to learning, listening and evolving to become more diverse, equitable and inclusive than we are today.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Relief International is an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination on any basis. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained global impact.
We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Safeguarding & Ethics
Relief International (RI) is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and to adhere to RI’s Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times. Team members are required to complete mandatory Code of Conduct e-learning courses upon hire and on an annual basis.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
- Transparency and accountability
- Agility and innovation
How to apply
Please click on the following link to apply for this position: