Regional HR Advisor
For this key role our ideal candidate is:
A University Graduate in a relevant discipline with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience within the humanitarian field. An individual with exceptional people skills, who has the capacity and experience to support our staff through training and coaching. An HR professional with solid experience using performance management tools, has experience working in complex and volatile contexts and is committed to providing our country offices with consistent and comprehensive HR support.
Role and Responsibilities
The purpose of the Regional HR Adviser is to support the country offices (COs) in implementation of global HR systems and initiatives in accordance with NRC policies and procedures and to support building sustainable capacity in HR structures and systems in Country Programmes.
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Provide strategic advice and technical support to the Country Offices in the region on HR.
- Support and monitor compliance with the HR handbooks and NRC policies, and respective quality assurances
- Provide control checks to the COs to ensure compliance to the HR handbook, pre-agreed through travel visits to the country offices.
- Contribute to the development of policies, strategies, tools and new approaches, with a focus on innovation and piloting
- Ensure that best practices are identified, documented and disseminated both within the region and beyond
- Participate in strategy processes and advise on HR initiatives related to the regional strategy and Country programme specific strategies
- Participate in strategy process for HR Global and take part reference groups for new HR initiatives or thematic issues established by HR Global
- Provide training and capacity development across Country Offices in the region and the Regional Office
- Provide regular HR analysis and reports
- Responsible for oversight of recruitment processes of international staff and senior national staff according to NRC’s procedures and standards.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline.
Duty Station: Amman, Jordan
Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start
NB: Please enter the geographical location in the “Company name” field for both company and location on your application.