Regional Disability Technical Advisor
The Regional Disability Technical Advisor will respond to the increasing demand of Middle East Country Offices (COs) – particularly Egypt, Iraq, Lebanon, Ukraine and Yemen – to uplift work with children and youth with disabilities (CwDs/YwDs). Many Country Strategic Plans (CSPs) across the MEEE region have outlined the need to develop appropriate approaches to tackle issues faced by children/youth with disabilities including lack of or insufficient services, marginalization, weak government systems, and public awareness. The Technical Advisor will also support the global uplift on disability mainstreaming across all of SCI’s Breakthroughs from a regional perspective.
Qualification & Experience
* Minimum five years work experience in disability inclusion, disability rights, and with practical experience in child protection and education programming;
* Excellent conceptual and theoretical understanding of rights based approach, children’s rights, and rights of persons with disabilities;
* Understanding of Middle East context and issues of CwDs in humanitarian, recovery and development programming;
* Results oriented, with excellent ability to work under the pressure. The incumbent will perform a regional role working with 5 COs, so the position requires effective time management, multi-tasking and strong coordination and planning skills;
* Experience leading strategic planning and in programme design and proposal development;
* Experience in successfully establishing and managing collaborative relationships and partnerships with donors and government counterparts;
* Experience in designing and implementing capacity building programmes for local partners, as well as providing capacity building support and facilitation;
* Credibility to lobby, influence and represent Save the Children at all levels;
* Excellent networking, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
* Fluency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of Arabic is a plus.
* Post graduate or equivalent in the field of education, psychology, sociology, social work or related area
Contract length: 12 Months
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply via our online recruitment system, providing a cover letter and up-to-date CV. In your cover letter, please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy