Proposal Development and Reports Coordinator
Under the management of the Head of awards and in close coordination with the Programme Development & Quality Department, the Proposal and Reports Coordinator will support in:
1) securing long term, high value grants, and
2) coordinating and drafting timely and high quality donor reports that meet donor requirements.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
* Support the development of concept notes and funding proposals (including log frames and budgets) for a variety of donors, from major institutional donors, corporate organisations, trusts, and private donors, among others.
* Support the coordination and consultation with programme technical advisers, Finance and operations team (including logistics, infrastructure) and that necessary support adequately is budgeted.
* Support the proposal development process to ensure proposals and concept notes are developed in a timely manner and with realistic deadlines, and that these are communicated and understood by stakeholders both internal to the office as well as Members and the region.
* Support the Award team in ensuring that concept notes and funding proposals align closely with response strategies, sector programme plans, and master budgets and M & E frameworks.
* Support the New Business Development Manager in tracking funding opportunities, including calls for funding progress of proposals, submission deadlines, financing available.
* Ensure all appropriate donor and Save the Children proposal formats are available in country.
* Coordinate the preparation of timely programme and donor reports on project activities in compliance with internal SC requirements and any relevant external donor requirements. Ensuring reports meet donor requirements, are submitted on time as well as the Awards Dept. to ensure that both financial and narrative are compliant to donor requirements and tally.
* Participate in new awards kick-off to contribute to the presentation of the awards and to lead the reporting templates and timeline’s presentation.
* Participate in the monthly awards management review to strengthen coordination with PMs on pipeline, reports’ content, quality and timely submission.
* Support the coordination of members’ visits.
* Work closely with the MEAL team to collect information on programme monitoring, progress and quality to support ongoing reporting, proposals and other operational management tools.
* Support the MEAL team with the planning and implementation of programme review exercises incorporating learning into new proposals.
* Produce other information and communications products for both internal and external audiences as required.
* As delegated, act as focal point for all queries and information requests from Save the Children International, Save the Children Members and donors.
* Support the Partnership Manager and Area Managers with the development and review of partner proposals and reports as necessary.
* Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* Significant experience of working internationally in humanitarian programmes
* Experience of leading the preparation successful funding (narrative and budget) proposals and reports for donors, such as ECHO, DFID, SIDA and OFDA.
* Previous first phase emergency response experience
* Education to MSc/MA/MEng level in a relevant subject or equivalent field experience
* Previous experience of project management and project cycle management, including project design, implementation and evaluation
* Good understanding of donor compliance and reporting mechanisms and requirements
* Good understanding of monitoring and evaluation mechanisms.
* Ability to work well under pressure and work to deadlines
* Experience of representation and ability to represent SC effectively in external forums.
* Experience of budget management and monitoring
* Excellent communication skills
* Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
* Excellent written and spoken English
* The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
* Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children.
* Language skills in Arabic
* Experience or understanding of working in the Middle East
* Experience working for Save the Children and working across organisational structures
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
Applications to be submitted
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Application Email: email@example.com