World Vision international
Join and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in 1950 & operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide.
World Visionis cmmitted to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Position Title: Projects Manager
World Vision is seeking a Project Manager to provide leadership in managing, implementation, and monitoring of multiple projects in Syria (based in Amman/ Türkiye), the sectors to be covered includes but not limited to Protection, Education, WASH and health in North West Syria. Provide day-to-day management to achieve high quality results in line with acceptable project norms relevant to the established goals, objectives, and operating policies. Supervise the financial management of the grants assigned in relation to project goals and objectives, monthly activity schedule, timing of expenditures, budgets, etc. Supervise Syria-based staff, as well as provide operational support to implementing partners.
• Ensure projects are compliant to humanitarian, organizational, and donor standards;
• Establish and maintain staffing, procurement, and monitoring plans;
• Ensure that project activities are kept on track with detailed implementation plans (DIP); taking prompt corrective action whenever necessary to make sure activities and objectives are completed within the timeframe of the project;
• Establish, maintain, and update DIP on regular basis;
• Manage project team in a manner that encourages cooperation, communication, interaction, and learning;
• Monitor monthly spending on ongoing & planned activities within the approved budget/s. Ensure spending is on track with project timelines/implementation, collaborating closely with Finance, Procurement, and the field team;
• Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly, semi, and final reports on time based on donor requirement, collaborating with other relevant departments; and
• Make sure all documentation & filing system under assigned project are in order.
• oversee and monitor all field activities, i.e. appointments, meetings, distributions, monitoring and beneficiary follow-ups done by the field team and the implementing partners.
• Collaborate closely with the staff and implementing partners and service providers to ensure that project activities are kept on track with detailed implementation plans (DIP); taking prompt corrective action whenever necessary to make sure activities and objectives are completed within the timeframe of the project;
• Oversee the assessment of community needs and resources, collection of base line data to assist in project implementation, in addition to overseeing the beneficiary registration and verification processes.
• Participate in identifying partners and monitor & maintain relationship with partners;
• Regularly engage with field staff/partners to ensure uninterrupted information flow on project implementation;
• Ensure that reporting from the field staff/partners are provided in a timely manner;
• Establish alternative information sharing systems (regular meetings, shared web-engines, etc.); and
• Engage with Technical Advisors to ensure project alignment with technical standards and best practice.
• Coordinate operations under the project with relevant departments;
• Coordinate operations under the project with other local stakeholders and NGOs operating in the area of project implementation;
• Conduct weekly/monthly meetings with project staff/partners;
• Participate in external coordination (Clusters, Working Groups) when required; and
• Other tasks assigned by leadership.
Required Professional Experience:
- Experience in managing several grants from different donors. Including, but not limited to UNICEF, USAID, ECHO, DFID, UN, etc.;
- Extensive experience in management of multi-sectorial projects including Protection, Education, WASH, NFIs, Shelter, and Health sectors;
- Strong English and Arabic communication skills (oral and written);
- A minimum of 3-4 years operational management humanitarian experience with preference given to project management experience in an emergency context (experience in NW Syrian context a plus);
- Comprehensive knowledge of International Human Rights Law, International Humanitarian Law, Refugee Law, the relevant positions of the UN, ICRC and major NGOs on protection of civilians in particular of IDPs, women and children, the codes of conduct, the Humanitarian Charter, The Sphere Project, etc.;
- Proven experience in research and training, including development of training materials;
- Cultural sensitivity and adaptability;
- Strong communication skills with ability to express ideas and concepts clearly and persuasively with senior members of the humanitarian community as well as with field practitioners;
- Excellent networking skills;
- High degree of negotiation and persuasion skills;
- Ability to work with a reasonably level of comfort in high tension and high security risk situations;
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psychologically stressful environs and physical hardships;
- Ability to facilitate the creation of cross-functional project teams and the development of national strategies;
- Understands work from a process point of view and uses measurement and accountability systems effectively;
- Demonstrates openness and transparency; and
- Experience of working with local implementing partners (preferably in Northwest Syria).
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification:
- BA or equivalent in Economics or Finance or other related field.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to think strategically, innovatively and practically;
- Technical expertise in humanitarian programing and practical working experience with conflict sensitivity and DNH;
- Good understanding of the rights-based approach, show commitment to gender justice, and have a good understanding of the role of local/national civil society in development;
- Experience in mainstreaming cross-cutting issues into organizations, change management and/or organizational development;
- Understanding of the Humanitarian Coordination architecture;
- Have experience and good understanding of monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) incl. peace and conflict impact assessment (PCIA);
- Strong experience and good understanding of facilitating learning incl. experience in designing and delivering trainings as well as knowledge management;
- Experience managing diverse staff/teams including in complex and challenging environments; and
- Producing, analysing, interpret and communicate complex and fast moving programmatic information – summarizing and coherently communicating it.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement:
Traveling to Turkey will be required from time to time for meeting implementing partners
English and Arabic (Fluent in reading, writing, speaking, and listening)
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only (Jordanian or Turkish)