Job Title-: Education Project Coordinator -(remotely)
** Reporting to-: The Programs Manager
Under the direct supervision of the Programs Manager, the Project Coordinator will support the management of small to medium sized and complex projects providing capacity building, and education to conflict-affected communities in South Syria. The position encompasses a wide range of project activities, including coordination of high quality interventions, monitoring project activities, collating information collected from the field team, and contributing to financial and narrative reporting. The position holder will work closely with the team in the field to ensure smooth, efficient and effective implementation of the Education projects, illustrative activities include:
- Project implementation:
- Monitoring and collecting data that can support the humanitarian response.
- Build a well-structured work-plan for the program in accordance to the donor requirements and in coordination with Finance, M&E, and Logistics departments; setting up the deadlines and supervising the implementation of the program accordingly.
- Review the field narrative reports to ensure implementation is on track and in accordance to the set work plan, and collaborate closely with Finance and M&E teams to track alignment of the activities with expenditures.
- Submit narrative and numerical reports to The Programs Manager on regular basis in accordance with the deadlines set by the donor, and when required.
- Follow up with the field team on any issues that emerges in the reporting, and work with them to realign or revise project strategies and plans as necessary.
- Maintain projects’ files for each project, and track submission of narrative reports and other deliverable to The Programs Manager.
Technical Support and Programs:
- Work closely with the field team to identify and prioritize project cycle management, organizational development, and technical protection capacity strengthening needs.
- Lead participatory processes with the field team to develop actionable capacity development plans to help them address these priorities.
- Work closely with the field team to ensure that programming approaches are in line with international standards, are well defined, documented and consistently applied.
- Collaborate closely with other program officers to ensure capacity development support to all field staff is tailored, targeted and responsive to their needs and priorities.
- Provide recommendations to the field team in developing needs and vulnerability assessments, monitoring and analyses to better understand and analyses protection risks, identifying and promoting positive coping mechanisms, etc.
- Use coaching and mentoring techniques to provide on-going technical assistance to the field team throughout the programs life-cycle and in line with agreed-upon capacity development plans.
- Cheerfully complete other duties as assigned.
Reports Directly to: Programs Manager
Works directly with: Field Coordinators, Facilitators, Community Leaders, other Program Officers, Finance Department, M&E Department, Operations Staff.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BSC or higher in Education, Project Management, or related field
- At least 3 years of experience working in a non-governmental organization (NGO} focused on humanitarian assistance, relief or development work required.
- Direct experience implementing or overseeing education programming, ideally in a humanitarian context.
- Strong understanding of protection principles and likely protection concerns in the Syria context
- Basic understanding of structures and processes of NGOs.
- Ability to analyses complex problems, interpret protection needs, and develop integrated, contextually-appropriate creative solutions.
- Commitment to capacity building, engaging and working with local civil society organizations or community groups
- Demonstrated capacity to collaborate closely with a broad range of stakeholders in different geographic locations; experience with remote management or monitoring a plus.
- Familiarity with the MS Office software (i.e., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint} is required
- Excellent oral and written Arabic and English
- Knowledge of humanitarian standards and codes.
In addition to a strong technical background in educational programing, the ability to multi-task, build consensus, negotiate, and effectively communicate key information in support of changing program activities is necessary. A willingness to creatively solve problems, juggle multiple priorities under tight deadlines, and to calmly and diplomatically deal with unexpected and sudden events impacting program operations is also essential. Most importantly, the successful candidate is committed to mentoring and supporting- rather than monitoring and supervising- the field team.
Persons who are interested in this position can apply by click on this link