Programmes M&E Officer
Purpose of the Position:
Reporting to, guided and directed by the Senior M&E Officer, the Programmes M&E Officer will be responsible for designing and implementing the M&E of all GFP Jordan Programmes based on M&E frameworks in use by GFP for our learning and for reporting to Donors; monitoring the Jordan Programmes activities on a regular basis; processing M&E data collection & analysis and preparing Programme Evaluation Reports for the Jordan Programmes, based on baseline/endline data and Participatory Evaluations; preparing monthly/quarterly reports on Jordan Programmes progress for use by GFP and Donors/Partners; preparing executive summaries and thought-pieces based on Evaluation Reports.
Reporting to, guided and directed by the Senior M&E Officer, the Programmes M&E Officer shall supervise the Programmes M&E Coordinator and lead on:
Monitoring and Evaluation processes for Jordan Programmes
· Implementing GFP M&E processes in the Jordan Programmes, thereby strengthening Programmes implementation by HQ Jordan Programmes Team and Jordan Programmes Implementation Teams (IMPTs)
· Applying the GFP baseline/endline surveys, session monitoring, learning and reflection, and participatory evaluation M&E processes and tools in Jordan Programmes in ways which meet GFP needs as well as Jordan Programmes donor requirements
· Ensuring regular flow of information on M&E processes, tools and data in use by Jordan Programmes with the Institute’s staff in charge of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL)
· Ensuring continuous updating of Jordan Programmes database by providing the M&E information/data to Programmes Coordinators and Officers
· Supporting and mentoring the Jordan Programmes Implementation Teams in execution of the M&E processes
· Supporting HQ Jordan Programmes Team in clarifying ways to properly document, organise and capture Jordan Programmes progress and to apply lessons learned findings from evaluations
· Analysing effectiveness of M&E processes to meet GFP needs and donor requirements and providing recommendations for adaptation/development of the M&E processes and advising where donor requirements need to be negotiated
· Preparing general briefings for GFP HQ staff and other audiences on GFP Jordan Programmes, M&E processes and evaluation findings, when needed/directed
Data Management and Analysis
· Adapting existing and developing new M&E data collection processes in accordance with Jordan Programmes donor requirements
· Developing ways to enable easier M&E data collection and data flow within HQ Jordan Programmes Team
· Identifying strengths and weaknesses in existing M&E data collection/management and proposing solutions to identified weaknesses
· Conducting field visits to ensure the quality of M&E data collected by the Jordan Programmes Implementation Teams
· Ensuring GFP and donor data queries and information requests are addressed in an accurate and timely manner
· Having sufficient skills and knowledge in using different online systems used in the Jordan programmes through Donors like Bayanati, Kobo, ActivityInfo…
· Regularly monitoring the data entered in the online systems
Reports, Communications and Proposals
· Drafting high-quality Programme Evaluation Reports, combining baseline/endline data evaluation and participatory evaluation findings with reflections and recommendations, for all Jordan Programmes, and ensuring their timely dissemination
· Drafting executive summaries and thought pieces based on Programme Evaluation Reports, for internal GFP audiences and for external stakeholders
· Drafting high-quality monthly and quarterly donor reports for all Jordan Programmes and ensuring their timely dissemination
· Ensuring regular flow of high-quality information, data, quotations and identification of potential human-interest stories from Jordan Programmes to feed Donor & Partner Communications
· Assisting the Grant Proposal Specialist in establishing logframes, M&E work plans, and targets during the drafting donor programme proposals process for all new Jordan Programmes, in a close liaison with the Senior Research, Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
· Identifying, in cooperation with the Senior Programmes’ Officers, the causes of potential bottlenecks in Jordan Programmes implementation; working with the Senior Programmes’ Officers to suggest strategies to the Programmes Director for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the Jordan Programmes and developing plans to minimize/eliminate such bottlenecks; and once these are addressed, ensuring the monthly/quarterly reports reflect the adaptation/change made in the Programme implementation processes
Supporting Programmes Department’s major events, including direct training events (Camps, Advanced Trainings, Refresher Trainings, etc.) and Jordan Programmes field visits.
Education, Qualifications, Competences, Skills Required:
· B.A. Degree in a relevant discipline
· At least two years’ relevant professional experience
· Experience volunteering in development / community work
· Experience in monitoring and evaluation
· Experience in programme design and coordination
· Experience in mentoring others
· Ability to evaluate technical information and provide analysis and recommendations
· Excellent communications skills, both consensus development and interpersonal; confidence and enthusiasm when communicating internally and externally in both formal and informal presentations
· Excellent spoken and written English, and in particular top-quality written English communications
· Excellent spoken and written Arabic
· Excellent good analytical skills
· Technologically skilled (databases; documents; spreadsheets; surveys; presentations)
· Ability to analyse and deal with a huge amount of quantitative data.
· Ability to reflect, learn, and improve; having experience in using feedback processes for learning.
· Ability to lead projects and work independently; able to take initiative, think strategically and work creatively
· Ability to manage multiple concurrent priorities and work under pressure
· Ability to perform in a high-energy environment, with a flexible and enthusiastic approach to work, including the thoughtfulness to work effectively with others in a collaborative workplace; a “can do” attitude, and a willingness to “roll-up sleeves” and personally handle all aspects of position
· Ability to work in a multi-cultural team and context; having cultural sensitivity and understanding of different interpretations of communications approaches in different global, regional, and local contexts
· Strong interest in global current affairs, conflict resolution and peace building, and international development.
· Advanced Degree in a relevant discipline preferred
· Experience working internationally and in an international organisation
· Experience working in the field of peace building and conflict transformation
· Demonstrated knowledge of different theories of conflict transformation and social change
· Experience in community development and behaviour change
· Experience working with different age-groups (children, youth, adults) in different contexts Experience in different forms of evaluation, including participatory evaluation, participatory video, most significant change, is useful but not essential.
To apply: please send fully completed Application Form, in detail, together with CV/resumé on GFP career page: https://www.generationsforpeace.org/en/careers/ and apply for Jordan M&E Officer
Closing Date: 17:00 GMT, 15 June, 2018. Incomplete or late applications will not be reviewed.