The Lutheran World Federation, in response to the Syrian refugee crisis, established operations in Jordan in 2012. The Lutheran World Federation is assisting refugees and vulnerable groups in Amman, Zarqa, Irbid, Mafraq and Za’atari camp. The Lutheran World Federation is running projects related to Education, WASH, Livelihoods, Protection, Rehabilitation and Basic needs.
Scope of Work:
The Program Support Officer will be responsible for assisting the project teams with administrative and communications support. The PSO will assist the development of proposals, including compiling information from the field, and reporting on projects though communications pieces including stories, web content, the Annual report, government reports and UN coordination systems.
PROJECT / SUPPORT FUNCTION MANAGEMENT
· Assist Program Manager with the online assessment tool insuring teams are trained.
· Support team in drafting concept notes, proposals, and reports including budgets and any required supporting documentation, while ensuring donor guidelines are followed, in close coordination with the Country Directors, Program Manager, Finance Manager and Logistics Manager. This will include provision of standard wording on sections associated with the program and LWF, and drafting narrative sections in consultation with the Country Representative/ Team Leader.
· Advise and facilitate the Program Manager to develop quality logical frameworks to describe the projects and allow effective monitoring and demonstration of impact.
· Edit and undertake a final proof reading of all documentation prior to submission to ensure quality control, focusing on clarity, consistency, and application of PCM good practice.
· Coordinate the provision of the required information for Project inception meetings.
· Support the Country Director to coordinate all project related internal reporting within the program.
· Maintain the programme’s Grant Management Information System (NewDea) to ensure the timely and quality submission of internal and external proposals and reports, including in collaboration with the Operations Officer setting deadlines for submission of draft documents
· Gather information from teams to report into UN and government systems such as Rais, Activity Info and other UN systems as required.
· Coordinate with the Government and Liaison officer to insure accurate reporting of project to the government.
· Attend coordination meetings as requested.
· Document sector case studies and beneficiary stories from projects, and disseminate for use by the wider organization.
· Implement and manage the Communications Plan
· Send out and update Country Office welcome materials and/or induction pack
· In Coordination with HQ further development of the country specific web pages, Facebook and other external content.
· Communications activities to support other team projects as required, e.g. quality framework and weekly meeting updates
· Edit all external LWF communications to insure compliance.
CORPORATE POLICY AND COMPLIANCE
· In consultation with Country Director maintain a standard filing system to ensure core donor and project related documentation is held and accessible, using effective paper and electronic filing systems in accordance with LWF standard procedures.
· Act as a conduit for information on donor rules and regulations applicable to each donor project between Program Manager, Country Representative and the wider SMT
· Coordinate the monitoring of compliance to specific donor rules and regulations, highlighting areas of insufficient compliance to SMT
· In collaboration with the SMT monitor the implementation of the project closure guidelines at the end of every project.
· Covers for field coordinators during their absence.
· As delegated, attend relevant inter-agency coordination meetings
· Support the Country Director in developing and maintaining donor relations with in-country representatives, though email, and phone.
· Coordinate the arrangements for in-country donor visits for monitoring, audit and evaluation, in consultation with Country Representative/Team Leader and the wider SMT.
You need to submit your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the 30 of June 2018.
The PSO position is a national post and expat in the country are welcome to apply.