Program Development and Quality Assurance (PDQA) Manager
World Vision International – Jordan:
Join and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in 1950 & operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Position: Program Development and Quality Assurance (PDQA) Manager
If you are Jordanian and meet our requirements, please submit your resume with a covering letter via below website, only applications submitted via our website are accepted.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
World Vision (WV) has been active in Jordan during the Iraq crisis and more recently to assist refugees from Syria. Currently WV in Jordan employs well over 100 staff and implements projects in a range of sectors worth more than USD30m.
As part of WV Jordan’s Senior Management Team, the Program Development & Quality Assurance (PDQA) Manager leads the Programmes Department, consisting of the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Unit (MEAL), the Grant Acquisition and Management Unit (GAM) and the team of technical specialists.
The purpose of the position is to lead the MEAL unit to ensure that systems are in place to measure the quality of the programmes implemented by the operations unit, ensure high quality data is available to demonstrate impact and identify areas for improvements in the implementation.
Further, the purpose is to lead the GAM unit to identify funding opportunities that will help WV to establish a long-term presence in Jordan with innovative and high-impact programmes with a focus on the most vulnerable members of society, regardless of status or background.
Thirdly, the position will lead the unit of technical specialists to ensure holistic, quality designs are applied across all projects and funding streams.
The incumbent will therefore take a leading role in the definition of a mid-term strategy for WV in Jordan.
· Lead in the development of longer-term programming through the use of designs and evidence-based practices that address root causes, increase resilience, transform systems and relationships, increase social cohesion and respond to all
· situations of fragility for vulnerable children Jordan regardless of background or status.
· Ensure close interlinkage with the Operations Unity and support functions and participate in the overall leadership of WV in Jordan by working as an active member of the core team.
· Lead the development of a mid-term strategy for World Vision in Jordan in line with Our Promise 2030 and the Syria Response Strategy.
· Actively engage in the Core Team and the Senior Management Team.
· Provide key oversight, technical guidance and management support to the MEAL Manager.
· Ensure MEAL systems are of the of the highest quality and reports for donors and Support Offices meet high level standards.
· Ensure a high functioning and active accountability system is in place for all WV projects.
· Ensure an active learning component to project and programming.
· Identify specific needs for capacity building among MEAL team members and ensure plans are out in place accordingly.
Technical Quality & Support:
· Lead the national-level technical specialists, ensuring holistic, quality designs across all funding streams according to prioritized child well-being and donor objectives, national level pathways of change, appropriate and contextualized evidence-based practices, and indicators for sustainability. All designs should respond to the specific situation of fragility for targeted communities.
· Ensure technical expertise is provided to the Operations Unit.
· Work with flexibility and agility to ensure technical specialists are available to organizational needs, including grant designs, with timeliness and efficiency.
· Ensure surge support is obtained, in consultation with the Response Centre and the Regional Office, from additional internal or external resources (e.g. Disaster Management Team, Technical Service Organisation or consultants).
· Ensure appropriate external representation of technical specialists at the national level in coordination in line with external engagement priorities, which includes donors, partners, host government, academia, and other appropriate humanitarian fora.
· Ensure WV Jordan’s capacity is expressed through technical briefs and capacity statements for use with external engagement and donor positioning.
Resource Acquisition & Donor Compliance:
· Provide key oversight, technical guidance and management support to the GAM Lead and team.
· Ensure funds are raised through establishing adequate fundraising strategies that are in line with Our Promise 2030 strategy and the Syria Response Strategy and based on diversified sources of funds to achieve a long-term presence in Jordan.
· Ensure appropriate budgeting and close collaboration with support functions to determine project and support costs at competitive ratios.
· Ensure that GAM systems and procedures are in place to support effective grant quality and compliance and positive audit results and that the Operations Unit staff understand and follow the system.
· Provide portfolio and projection analysis to inform the Core Team and the Response Manager of trends and options.
Manage Staff Performance:
· Effectively manage the performance of direct reports ensuring performance agreements, regular performance discussions and frequent appraisal are done and that risks are appropriately managed.
· Ensure performance plans and reviews are done for all staff within the GAM and MEAL units and among the team of technical experts in a timely fashion and in line with P&C requirements.
· Highlight to the Response Manager any issues at the earliest opportunity.
Other Tasks, including Security:
· Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to line manager and / or security manager.
· Actively contribute to a positive security culture.
· Assist with administrative tasks including financial reports, purchasing and organizing events/trainings as necessary.
· Undertake duty travels and participate in meetings as required.
· Attend and participate in capacity building events locally and internationally.
· Attend and participate in WVL’s spiritual nurture events.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Master’s degree in humanitarian aid, international development or a related field.
· Understanding of both humanitarian assistance/emergency relief and development work, especially of child-focused concepts, approaches and processes.
· Good knowledge and understanding of key aspect of humanitarian aid/emergency relief and development work including education, child protection, livelihood, and WASH.
· Knowledge of major donor requirements and funding sources.
· Demonstrated management skills.
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English, including report-writing and proposal writing.
· Ability to engage with representatives of government, NGOs, UN agencies and donors.
· Excellent relationship building and people management skills.
· Thorough understanding of development principles.
· Good understanding of applicable standards, especially the Core Humanitarian Standard, and Inter-Agency standing Committee guidelines.
· At least seven years of experience in programme development roles or equivalent including at a senior level with international NGOs, including proven experience in project design and submission of winning proposals.
· Experience in humanitarian aid/emergency relief and development work in the Mashreq essential.
· Exemplary knowledge of tools and methods used for Monitoring and Evaluation, such as statistics and SPSS.
· Outstanding written communication skills in English.
· Significant experience with a wide range of institutional donors and funding agencies, such as the European Union (including ECHO), UNHCR, WFP, Unicef, Global Affairs Canada, US government branches, branches of EU member state’s governments, especially of the Government of the Federal Republic of Germany.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
· Prior experience with World Vision is a distinct advantage.
· The position is based in Amman, Jordan.
· The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically to project sites which are located in all governorates in Jordan (about one day per fortnight).
· The position requires occasional international travel, mainly to the Regional Office in Nicosia, Cyprus (about twice per year).