About the role
Crown Agents is seeking a Political, Conflict and Context Adviser in Yemen or Jordan to support a Humanitarian project.
Background and Objective of the Project
GPSY is a UK funded programme that will contribute to supporting both the conditions needed for peace as well as laying the foundations for a more stable Yemen through a flexible response mechanism closely aligned to community level needs to allow entry for sectoral service delivery support.
The GPSY is designed to be an ambitious and innovative governance, peace and stability focused programme which builds on the UK’s stabilisation experience and aims to support in three primary ways:
- By providing a flexible, adaptive and responsive platform to rapidly design and deliver projects that reflect Yemen’s political and security context.
- Act as a catalyst to drive donor coordination and co-operation linking to humanitarian-development-peace-nexus.
- Act as a repository library for all donors combined programme learning, research and analysis.
Scope of Activities and Tasks
The Political, Conflict and Context Adviser will provide high quality technical advice and analysis to support the programme delivery.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Leading the development of political and contextual analysis as well as conflict sensitivity methodologies.
- Liaise closely on political intelligence with Regional Coordinators.
- Ensure all approaches are mainstreamed across the programme.
- Liaise and support stakeholder engagement particularly hard to reach areas in Yemen
Management and Reporting Arrangements
*Reporting to Crown Agents**:* The employment contract will be held by Crown Agents.
Duration and Inputs
Full time position with expected duration of two years.
This position is based in Jordan or Yemen. Regular travel to field locations in Yemen will be required.
· Relevant degree desirable
· Experience working in a similar capacity in Yemen or protracted crises context.
· Extensive network of political actors, key stakeholders and drivers of conflict in Yemen and/or related contexts.
· Desirable previous experience working with the UN or INGOs
· Fluency in Arabic language is essential.
· Proficient in written and spoken English essential
· Working ability in other local and regional languages an asset
· Knowledge of vulnerability issues in conflict and humanitarian environments
· Detailed contextual knowledge of the local area
You’ll be working with Crown Agents which is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.
About what’s on offer
Crown Agents offers a competitive benefits package.