Join and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in 1950 & operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Position Title: Peace Center Activity Officer
If you are Jordanian and meet our requirements, please submit your resume with a covering letter via below website, only applications submitted via our website are accepted
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The purpose of this position is to lead & Manage the implementation of the PSS, Life skills activities for children, adolescents and parents participating in the Peace Center in Azraq camp with a high-quality standard aiming at improving resilience of the Syrian refugees.
Under the direct supervision of the Child Protection Coordinator and in collaboration with other centre staff, the Peace Center Activities officer will be responsible for planning, organising, reporting and coaching the programs implementation and IBV’s in the Peace Center within the timeline and the budget planned in Child Protection in Emergency for Azraq Camp Project.
- Manage & Supervise Peace Center (IBv’s) Facilitators and ensuring that all activities with children, adolescents and parents in Peace Centre are implemented in an appropriate manner
- HE/ She Is responsible for the proper design and monitoring of Regular work plan, attendance of children
- Follow up of equipment and identification /follow up of vulnerable children within the Peace Centre
- Coaching IBV’s in solving problems were raised i in the Peace Centre
- Technically supporting Facilitators in working with children to develop new, creative activities as appropriate to their development and psychosocial needs.
- He/ She is responsabile to provide an In-Job supervision, coaching and identifying capacity building needs through Implementation.
- Ensures that safeguarding standards are understood by Facilitators and beneficiaries and met with in Peace Center Intervention
- Establishing a development technique with IBV’s.
- Developing an interview and performance evaluation format for IBV’s
- He/she should Screens for and monitors protection needs and gaps inside the Peace Centre
- Assist Community Mobilization Officer in conducting parents’ session and community meetings
- Assist Community Mobilization Officer to develop CBCPC action plans in accordance to the issues affecting children in their communities through the Peace Centre
- Ensure that Peace Centre promote linkages with the CBCPC and other community and youth groups He/ She should support on preparing surveys and campaigns responding the CP, SGBV gaps
- Participating with CP partners on conducting assessments, studies & Surveys within the camp situation & also with other WVJ Projects
- Contextualization process for activities and modules responding the to COVID-19 situation, switching to remote implementation
- Preparing a monthly Remote response plan of activity
- Filtering and sorting the WhatsApp groups per each program and cycles ensuring all beneficiaries enrolled to the remote activities cycle
· Ensure the collection and consistency of qualitative and quantitative data for submission to Project assistant staff member and CP Coordinator
- Compile weekly and monthly reports on describing activities, indicators and lessons learned and ensure timely submission on the deadlines agreed.
- Regular matching check and follow up with IBV’s should will take a place ensuring the accuracy of data collected as (Daily children attendance, reflection of attendance on Hardcopy format, delivering attendance and absence to outreach IBV’s)
- Providing a weekly implementation updates to CP Coordinator reflecting the Progress, challenges, achievements
· He/ She actively contributes in contextualization of the curricula used for PC activities by foster a reflection and learning approach through strong experience and knowledge of Syrian culture and camp situation.
· He/ She should provide a CP induction session for new comers to the project and other projects (Staff, IBV’s)
· Build close and constructive relationships and actively learn within partner communities in order to understand their realities and facilitate development processes effectively.
· Supporting on conducting Child Protection Induction sessions for new staff & IBV’s commers within other projects **
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Bachelor degree in a social development related field, (Education, psychology, sociology, specialized education or social animation).
· Knowledge of child protection / child rights
· Good command of Arabic and English
· Computer literate mainly with MSOffice software package Good communication skills and ability to build collaborative relationships
· Ability to deal with children and people from different cultures and backgrounds
· Ability to foster a good team spirit
· Ability to transmit information correctly with accountability and maintain confidentiality
· Animation skills and child friendly attitude
· Digital Skills
· Voluntary spirit
· Team management skills
· Sociable and presentable
· Work under pressure
· Creative with coming up with new ideas & activities
· 3-5 years of experience of working with children, adolescents and parents and Managing people;
· Experience in Community Center implementation is an added advantage
· Familiar with core principles of Children Rights, Child Protection, Participation, Do No Harm, Community and Family Support as well as Child Protection Minimum standards.
· Interest in areas of child protection and/or education; background of dealing with children & young people.
· Must be computer literate, with knowledge and hands on skills with email and in MS Office Word and Excel. Experience with Power Point and Project Management software is an asset.