World Education, Inc. seeks candidates for an Organizational Behavior Change Technical Advisor based in Jordan for an anticipated multi-year USAID-funded program, subject to award. The project seeks to transform the organizational culture and capacity within the Government of Jordan (GoJ) to successfully implement education and youth reforms. Activities will include providing technical support to the GoJ and relevant stakeholders in organizational systems strengthening; monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL); evidence-based planning and decision -making; human resources management systems; and financial resource management.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the implementation and management of institutional capacity assessment activities for the Jordan Ministries of Education and Youth;
- Lead the design, implementation, and management of solutions design and institutional capacity building and development activities for the Jordan Ministries of Education and Youth;
- Design training, on-the-job coaching, research, coordination, outreach and any other interventions to ensure that gaps in GoJ systems, policies, practices and behaviors are adequately addressed;
- Implement and manage continuous quality improvement and internal learning processes in order to ensure JTAP services are meeting the needs of the Jordan MoE and USAID.
- Masters degree in organizational development, institutional capacity building, human resources or strategic management;
- At least 7 years of experience as a specialist delivering services in organizational development, adult learning, coaching or a related field;
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with host government, development/cooperating partners, and other stakeholders in implementing a complex project under challenging circumstances;
- Fluency in English is required and Arabic language skills are essential;
- Superior written and oral communication skills in English and Arabic are essential;
- Prior work in Jordan or in the Middle East region is required; Jordanian candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Ability to work in Jordan.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
World Education improves the quality of life through education for half a million children and adults in 20 countries. World Education’s programs promote individual and collective change: Our training programs improve adult education, help displaced peoples, stem the tide of HIV, and reduce violence through conflict resolution. How do we do it? World Education is a leader in building the skills, knowledge and resources of local groups so they can accomplish their missions effectively.
We use experiential and engaging teaching techniques to help people and organizations develop skills that build on the learners’ context (cultural, linguistic, geographic, and economic), and include vital information about life and livelihoods—health, agriculture, small business development—that learners can put to immediate use.
Founded in 1951 to meet the needs of the educationally disadvantaged, World Education has worked in over 50 countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America, as well as in the United States. Working in concert with private, public, and nongovernmental organizations, World Education initiatives support effective local management and promote partnerships between local organizations.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
How to apply
Please submit CV/resume and cover letter online at: [email protected]
World Education is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace
diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions.
If you are an individual with a disability, or a disabled veteran and unable to apply online for an available position, you may submit your request for reasonable accommodation by calling Human Resources at 617-482-9485.