Magenta is pleased to announce that we are hiring a position of an Operations Internship.Location: Based in Amman, Jordan
Reporting Manager: Operations Manager
Fill date: January 2021 (6 months), with possibility to extend to a permanent role.
Salary: **800 USD/ Month
Magenta is a Social and Behavioural Change research and communications agency, established by a multi-cultural team of development, research and behavioural change communications experts. We aim to make a positive impact to the way governments, institutional donors and development agencies achieve their policy and programme objectives. We combine the latest in behavioural science principles with a rigorous approach to strategy, campaign design and implementation. We help our partners to be more efficient, achieve scale and sustainability, and positive, long-lasting social change.
Magenta is made up of three business units; Middle East, Asia (both based in Amman, Jordan) and Africa (based in Tunis) as well a headquarters, based in Amman. This role will be part of the headquarters but with the intention that it will support the Asia team for their Operations needs.
The position will work under the guidance of the Operations Manager (based in Amman) for all Operations tasks. We are looking for an exceptional individual who is a fast learner, dynamic, organised and eager to continuously find ways to make things more efficient and productive for the Magenta team. This role has huge growth potential, in what is a fast-growing organisation and there will be a very real opportunity for a full-time role for the right candidate.
- Under the guidance of the Operations Manager, lead on the operational support of Magenta, and especially to become the lead for the Asia business Unit.
- Process and follow up on all administrative requirements of staff, tickets, visas, accommodation, work permits, social security payment, residencies and health insurance.
- Research and book flights, ground transportation and accommodation, providing staff members with travel guidance.
- Maintain all office inventory, supplies and services, including payments for utilities and telecom.
- Assist in the implementation of Magenta policies and procedures.
- Maintain company data base i.e. vendors, suppliers and clients.
- Maintain staff, consultants and vendor records.
- Maintain filing system of all office, financial, administration and legal data.
- Ad hoc tasks as assigned by supervisor such as but not limited to updating the server, filing, drafting memos.
Requirements & Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field;
- Highly numerate, with strong commercial acumen;
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities;
- A strong desire to create an efficient and enjoyable working environment for others;
- Robust logic chain analytics and strong general analytical skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Arabic.
- Demonstrated desire for excellence and an ability to inspire others to attain professional excellence;
- Innovation driven;
- Technological fluency;
- Good sense of humour, personable and demonstrated ability to build networks;
- Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to get hands dirty;
- Some long hours including evening and weekends to complete tasks or attend events
How to apply
Apply by sending application to [email protected] with the subject Operations Intern – NAME, before deadline of 2 Jan 2021. Applicants should submit CV and a cover letter which should describe why the applicant wants to join the Magenta team and describe what makes her / him a strong asset.