Now Hiring Capacity Building Project Manager
Regional Better Learning Programme(BLP) Capacity Building Project Manager – Middle East Office – National Candidates Only
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusiveness and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
Are you great at communicating, influencing and passionate about capacity building initiatives? Our Middle East Regional Office (MERO) in Jordan is in search of a Regional Better Learning Programme (BLP) Capacity Building Project Manager.
What you will do;
- You are the focal point for the BLP capacity building component including coaching and mentoring across relevant Country Offices;
- Assess and map existing strengths, weaknesses, capacity gaps in implementing BLP across Country Offices and ensure capacity building of Country Office staff and transfer key skills across Middle East Regional Offices;
- Contribute to the development of project guidance both technical and implementation and provide technical direction and ensure high quality projects
- Set up of a workplan made available to relevant Country Offices including regional and global workshop/fora to roll-out the capacity building materials with the relevant NRC colleagues;
- Coordinate and manage BLP project (global/regional grant) implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements;
- Provide regular progress reports to Head of Core Competency and Regional Education Adviser;
- Promote and advocate for the integration of BLP and Psycho Social Support (PSS) into NRC education strategy and response as well as in country and regional response plans.
- Ensure that BLP projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist;
- Interface with the Global BLP Unit (GBU) in coordination with the regional Education Advisor;
- Compile and disseminate best practice, lessons learnt, recommendations, and case studies from project implementation, creating and tracking against a project improvement plan.
Professional Competencies required
- Minimum 5 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context;
- Previous work in Psycho Social Support (PSS) /Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) programs is considered as an asset;
- Expertise within one of NRC’s core competencies and previous experience operating NRC Better Learning Programme 1/2/3 are considered an asset;
- Good communication, interpersonal skills and diplomacy; strong organisational and team working skills as well as good cultural awareness and sensitivity;
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Fluency in Arabic and English, both written and verbal;
- Valid driver’s license.
- Seek to leverage learning on BLP issues regionally;
- Planning and delivering results;
- Communicating with impact and respect;
- Handling insecure environments;
- Coping with change.
What We Offer
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
We offer an opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause and a chance to meet and work with people who are the best in their fields.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply and join our work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility.
At NRC we think outside the box. We encourage ideas and give responsibility to all employees at all levels, to help solve the complex issues that we face. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take initiative.
We are also looking for people who share our values:
- To be dedicated in what we do;
- To be innovative with our solutions;
- To act as one unified and inclusive team;
- To be accountable to the donors that make our work possible; the people we exist to serve, and to each other… the members of our NRC family.
Duty Station: Amman, Jordan
Duration of contract: 12 months, full-time, in accordance with local labour laws.
Grade 8 in NRC’s grading structure
Travel: 50 % to MERO Country Offices
Reporting line: Head of Core Competency (Head of CC) with technical line to Regional Education Adviser
For further details on the position you can view a copy of the job description here
How to apply
Note: This position is open to National candidates only
We invite applications from all qualified and interested candidates and encourage you to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline.