- Announcement Number:
- Amman-2022-042- RA1
- Hiring Agency:
- Embassy Amman
- Position Title:
- Network Administrator- All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Open Period:
- 09/22/2022 – 10/15/2022 Format MM/DD/YYYY
- Vacancy Time Zone:
- LE – 1805 9
- JOD JD17,452
- Work Schedule:
- Full-time –
- Promotion Potential:
- Duty Location(s):
- Telework Eligible:
- For More Info:
- Hiring Path:
- • Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FP is 05 (steps 1 through 4). Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
• All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required:
- Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type
- Appointment Type Details:
- • Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement:
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link
- The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time (40 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (4 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position:
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
Under the guidance of the Information Systems Officer (ISO) and under the supervision of the Network and Desktop Support Specialist, the incumbent administers day to day network operations of the Information Systems Center (ISC) which encompasses Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) operations, data communications, servers’ administration, workstations connectivity, in addition to systems monitoring, design, development and installation of computer hardware and software. Executes and /or assists the Network and Desktop Support Specialist and the Supervisory Computer Management Specialist in implementing Department of State security standards and procedures for all LAN/WAN services, to include network devices installation and maintenance, Network designing; Data integrity by performing daily, weekly, and monthly security and backup procedures, configures servers and provides customer support and other computer operation functions.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 5 years work experience in network and systems design and administration is required. Experience should demonstrate progressively greater responsibility where emphasis is planning, troubleshooting and problem solving to include strong analytical decision-making with respect to the operations, management, and utilization of computer systems is required.
Please make sure you enter all your work experience and education through the ERA Application. Attached Curriculum files will not be considered. Supporting documents (i.e. education certificate) must be included in the application for eligibility purposes.
- Education Requirements:
- Completion of bachelor’s degree in IT field including Network/Computer Engineering, Information Systems/Management, Computer Science/Software Engineering, or Communications Engineering is required.
Supporting documents (i.e. education certificate) must be included in the application for eligibility purposes.
يجب إرفاق شهادة الدراسة المطلوبة مع طلب التوظيف حتى يتم اخضاع الطلب للتدقيق
English: Fluent – reading/writing/speaking is required. This may be tested.
Arabic: Fluent – reading/writing/speaking is required
For positions that require English Level, applications MUST be submitted in English
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO):
The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Amman, Jordan will receive in addition to their basic salary the following:
- Local Social Security if Jordanian citizen
- U.S. Social Security if U.S. citizen
- Provident fund
- Severance pay
- Medical and life insurance
- 13th and 14th months Bonuses
- Annual Leave
- Special Immigrant Visa to the U.S. (Not an entitlement)
- Training opportunities.
- Premium pay to include overtime, night differential, Friday differential.
- Within-Grade Increase
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
For More Info:
Human Resources Office
E-mail Address: [email protected]
- Other Information:
- For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT : Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For applicant’s claiming US veteran’s preference to submit: “ Letter from Veterans’ Affairs which indicates the present existence of a service-connected disability dated within the past six months.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
- Required Documents:
- In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Degree (Education Certificate)
- Certificate or License
- Passport copy
Eligible Family Member Applicants:
- Copy of Sponsor’s Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Certificate or License
- Passport copy
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Next Steps:
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Amman/Jordan.To apply click here