World Vision International – Jordan:
Join and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in 1950 & operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Position: Project Hygiene Promoter
If you are Jordanian and meet our requirements, please submit your resume with a covering letter via below website, only applications submitted via our website are accepted
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To implement, and monitor the health and hygiene interventions within World Vision’s ECD project in Azraq camp, with the goal to improve the public health of the target population.
To support implementation of planned hygiene promotion activities that will be conducted in Azraq camp.
- Create content for Hygiene and health promotion sessions.
- Provide Hygiene promotion sessions for teachers and facilitators.
- Facilitate, Monitor and provide hygiene and health promotion sessions to children attending the early childhood education center and their caregivers.
- Facilitate and supervise and monitor conducting community outreach sessions.
- Prepare progress report outlining project activities on a regular basis.
- Participate in Hygiene Promotion materials development and field testing.
- Coordinate with behavior change communication specialist & ECD project manager and seek technical support in designing /planning community activities.
- Coordinate with any local partner Hygiene Promotion team on implemented School based hygiene promotion activities and connect local community with targeted school.
- Collect verify and share all data related to the hygiene promotion sessions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in a WASH and health related field (Preferred: Public Health, Nursing, Nutrition etc.) or a Bachelor’s degree in another field with 2 years complimentary training experience.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills (English & Arabic)
- Proven ability to build capacity of partners/ stakeholders through formal trainings and informal job shadowing and mentoring
- Ability to monitor work of project-hired contractors
- Good interpersonal skills
- Must have cross-cultural sensitivity, problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Must have a genuine concern to help the Syrian Refugees
- Good team building skills; a creative, innovative, and adaptability personality.
- Ability to cope and work under pressure.
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural and difficult / sensitive contexts.
- Ability to spend 100% of job in the field
- Ability to review and write reports
- Ability to manage data effectively