Programme Officer, based in Jordan
About RedR UK
RedR UK provides training and technical support to NGOs, aid workers and communities responding to natural and man-made disasters all over the world. Our expert support ensures that those responding to humanitarian crises – whether or not they are professional aid workers – have the skills to do so safely and effectively.
We also work in partnership with international and national NGOs, UN agencies, academic institutions, think tanks and the private sector to improve emergency response at a global level. Since our founding in 1980, we’ve responded to many of the major disasters the world has faced, including the 2004 ‘Boxing Day’ tsunami, the 2010 earthquake in Haiti, the recent Ebola outbreak, and the ongoing Syrian crisis.
RedR UK is also a Membership organisation: we have a global network of 1,800 Members, all of whom are experienced humanitarian professionals. RedR Membership is a mark of quality, enabling aid workers to obtain professional recognition of their skills and experience.
RedR UK is seeking a pro-active and enthusiastic Programme Officer, based in Jordan. As a Programme Officer in the Enterprise Programmes team, you will be responsible for delivering specific elements of our demand-led services. You will work closely with other members of the programme coordination team to ensure events our services are delivered on time and budget.
The Enterprise Programmes team is responsible for delivering demand-led services globally; providing tailored capacity building support to organisations and their partners through individual or framework contracts, and delivering RedR UK’s global Open Training Programme; planning and delivering a calendar of training events that meet the needs of individuals operating in the humanitarian sector.
• Organisational Commitment – Commitment to RedR UK, its vision, principles, strategy, policies and processes.
• Project Management – At least 3 years of experience supporting the implementation of small projects and/or events, effectively coordinating logistical and administrative requirements.
• Financial – Experience developing and managing small budgets. Able to track income and expenditure, monitoring this against set budgets and running reports as needed on a regular basis.
• Work Planning – Systematic and efficient work planning skills, including an ability to prioritise, manage and complete a variety of tasks against multiple deadlines, track information and progress, and pay attention to details.
• Relationships and Representation – Proven experience liaising directly with clients, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Consultant and Supplier Management – Able to effectively identify, contract, and manage consultants and suppliers.
• Team Working – Experience of working successfully within a team environment and of building relationships with others and working flexibly to achieve results.
• Initiative – Initiative, enthusiasm and a problem-solving approach to new challenges, seeking support when needed.
• Use of Technology – Experience with current software for project management (Salesforce, online platforms), along with good Microsoft Office skills.
• Travel – Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends depending on needs, and willing to travel regionally or internationally if needed, sometimes to insecure and difficult environments for periods up to 2 weeks, and to follow RedR UK security management procedures.
• Qualification – BA university degree in a relevant field.
• Languages – Fluent in Arabic and English (excellent written and verbal skills in both).
• Humanitarian Experience – Some understanding of the humanitarian sector e.g. general humanitarian practices and principles, programme management cycle, project implementation and coordination.
• Marketing and proof reading– Experience of marketing courses and events, contributing to social media, and proof-reading event materials.
• Learning and Development – Experience of supporting a learning programme and organising learning events and working with trainers.
• Proposals and Reporting – Experience contributing to or writing proposals, and reporting to clients and donors.
- Salary: 15,750 JOD
- Closing date: 21st October at midnight
- Contract: Full-time under March 2019
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter detailing how your experience matches the personal specification above to: HR@redr.org.uk.
To download the full job description and person specification, please click this link:
Applications close at midnight on Sunday 21st October 2018. The successful candidate will be required to confirm that he/she has the right to live and work in Amman, Jordan before the post can be taken up.
Please also note that due to limited resources, we will only be able to contact shortlisted applicants.