Programme Funding Coordinator – Middle East (Jordan & Yemen)
We are recruiting a Programme Funding Coordinator for the Middle East region, who will ensure growth in our restricted grant funding, covering the areas of donor networking, strategic planning and preparing project design and proposal development. The position is critical for War Child to realise its ambition of securing a new generation of larger, longer term institutional grant contracts and ensuring quality in our programming.
The Programme Funding Coordinator will provide effective and efficient support to country programmes in project design and donor networking with the aim of diversifying our donor funding base. We are ambitious to increase scale and sustainability of our grant funding for longer-term opportunities. The programme funding coordinator will identify and create new opportunities for the
Middle East region through diversifying our network and ensuring a consistently high-quality of
▪ Lead on design, development and implementation of country specific programme funding and
partnership strategies with relevant colleagues.
▪ Donor identification, diversifying range of contacts and opportunities and working with
Country Directors to position WCUK for project submission.
▪ Lead on the development of new, larger, and longer-term funding opportunities in Child
Protection; Education & Livelihoods. This will include coordinating project design and leading
on proposal development, with a particular focus on programme quality & learning, ensuring
compliance with internal standards.
• Support Country Offices in conducting needs assessments, partnership assessments,
monitoring and building consortia, learnings and best practices, conduct stakeholder analysis,
develop log-frames, Theory of Change, Risk Management Plans, Organisational development
plans & MEAL plans.
• Strengthen in-country coordination and coherence by managing WCUK’s presence at interagency
coordination meetings and other working groups to strengthen institutional
knowledge and learning.
• Represent War Child with donors, agencies, partners, ministries and building WCUK profile
and connections to position better for working in consortia, both as lead and sub-contractor.
• Organise periodic consultations with key stakeholders (sector leads/working groups/UN
agencies/relevant ministries) to gather inputs on programme design, as necessary.
• Maintain donor files and accurate records on Salesforce.
• Facilitating training and workshops in proposal development, reporting and PCM practices
(assessments, log-frames, and project design) for field staff.
Please go to our website to download an application form and view our full JD.