Programme Associate (Geographic information system & vulnerability analysis and mapping) G6
from World Food Programme
Within the assigned unit and delegated authority, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Following corporate guidelines, develop and update standardized maps and infographics to inform WFP, donors and stakeholders on achievements and response in Jordan
- Strengthen the visualization of VAM and M&E data through the development and production of maps (static and interactive maps) and related mapping documents to effectively support WFP in its cartographic needs
- Prepare and distribute maps, in various formats (hard-copy with small to large format printing, digital and web-compatible)
- Assist in cleaning and reviewing data from quarterly food security outcome monitoring, annual food security and vulnerability assessments and other data as needed
- Analyse and interpret data, in order to report and present results using different visualization tools, maps, graphs and dashboards.
- Assist in testing electronic data collection tools
- Build and maintain good collaboration with programme and other country office units to ensure that their data visualization needs are addressed
- Together with the office’s specialized developers, help develop interactive web-mapping applications to support effective information management in line with WFP and UN corporate policies and practices
- Work with relevant office units to strengthen the integration of VAM and M&E data in other WFP databases
- Establish and maintain good collaboration with relevant WFP colleagues in regional offices and headquarters, and relevant colleagues in other UN agencies, NGOs and Jordanian governmental, academic and scientific institutions
- Maintain a working library of spatial data, print and plot maps, as requested
- Perform any other duties within his/her professional competence as required to support unit programme objectives
Applications must be submitted online through WFP e-Recruitment System
- Internal WFP staff can access the VA through the internal WFP CAREER page via the link:http://newgo.wfp.org/services/e-recruitment
- External applicants are kindly requested to follow the link: http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings
Make sure that you answer all mandatory questions accurately and to attach your updated CV in English.
- Join WFP to be part of saving lives and changing lives: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4rFCbNDXiw&feature=youtu.behttp://ar.wfp.org/videos/recruitment-video-ar
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.