EY Tax – People Advisory Services Graduate Program
Location: Amman, Jordan
PAS affects every aspect of our lives and laws are always changing. In your role you will help clients harness their people agenda – the right people, with the right capabilities, in the right place, for the right cost, doing the right things.
What we do for our clients?
The world continues to change as a result of developments in globalization, demographics, technology and regulation. These disruptive forces require organizations to change rapidly – and they need their people to be agile and adaptable to that change. At the same time, it’s getting harder to source, manage, motivate and retain talent while controlling costs.
People Advisory Services helps clients harness their people agenda – the right people, with the right capabilities, in the right place, for the right cost, doing the right things. We help companies integrate people into business strategy to gain a competitive people advantage.
Looking at people as part of an integrated business strategy, organizations are able to gain a competitive people advantage. We work globally and collaborate to address complex issues relating to organization transformation, end-to-end employee lifecycles, effective talent deployment and mobility, gaining value from evolving and virtual workforces, and the changing role of HR.
The diversity of our talent, global connectivity and collaborative philosophy means we’re inspired to ask better questions to help organizations design better outcomes, deliver long-lasting results and achieve a competitive advantage.
The People Advisory Services division is split into five different pillars; Performance, Reward, Talent, Systems, and Mobility.
What is an EY graduate program?
If you’ve graduated from university, or will do soon, our PAS Graduate Program could be just the job for you. You’ll be part of a team working with interesting clients, while earning a salary. We’ll help you develop the things you’re naturally good at and learn new skills for your career, too.
Your key responsibilities
As a graduate with EY you’ll be able to add value to your clients and shape your career as a professional. From entrepreneurial start-ups to multinationals, we’ll guide you on how to help our clients manage risk, address issues and capitalize on opportunities. And, we’ll give you exposure to some of the largest clients and most interesting projects, both locally and globally.
- Activity participate and contribute in client engagements and execute the work plan
- Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with clients
- Build strong internal relationships within EY Tax/ Advisory and across other services
Skills and attributes for success
- Commercial acumen
- Ability to prioritize and work under tight deadlines
- Ability to adapt to changes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Confidence to work effectively in a high-energy, fast-moving environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Arabic and English
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Economics/Management/Business Administration/Engineering or related field of study with strong academic credentials Bachelor’s degree: completed within the past 18 months of applying to the graduate program
- Master’s Programs/Master’s Degree: completed within the past 18 months with no relevant work experience for more than 6 months or students who started their Masters directly after completing their bachelor degree.
- Available to start full-time job in September or October 2019
- Jordanian Nationals only will be considered
What we look for
We are most interested in people who are naturally curious and love to learn. You like to work with others and build relationships with both colleagues and clients. You are goal-oriented and implement business thinking with the ambition to develop and strive for providing good service. Furthermore, you are structured, have good analytical skills and of course a genuine interest in tax. In return, you can expect the support of great colleagues, and the industry-recognized training you’ll need to grow in your career. If you’re a fast learner with great organizational skills and a genuine interest in tax, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
- Support, feedback and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Within your first year of joining EY, you’ll register and commence studying for a professional qualification that is relevant to your role in Tax. In line with our professional qualifications policy, we’ll support you in obtaining the professional qualification that is right for you.
- Developed system of performance management and career development that enables you to have the freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
- Opportunity to work in an international environment
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 90 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please complete the online application as soon as possible. Make sure to answer all questions.
- Step 1: Apply
Make sure you apply early and do not forget to follow the instructions carefully and answer all questions to ensure your application is successful.
- Step 2: Test
After we review your application, you will receive invitation email from ‘EY Careers’ to complete the EY online tests. Approach the tests as you would approach any new challenge. It might be tough, but you can do it!
- Step 3: Attend
Once you have been shortlisted, you may be invited to attend a recruitment day or an interview. This is your opportunity to visit our office, speak with our people and ask questions about life and work at EY.
- Step 4: Receive
If you are great fit for EY, you will get an offer to join us and begin working for a great company (if we do say so ourselves). It’s time to celebrate.
Join us in building a better working world.