Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist
Jordan – Amman
Why CDM Smith?
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
To learn more about CDM Smith and our work with International Development please visit us at:
CDM Smith is seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist for the USAID Recycle Jordan Activity.
The MEL Specialist will:
• Prepare and submit for client approval an Activity MEL Plan that is consistent with, and meets the data collection needs of the Mission’s Performance Management Plan (PMP) and the Mission’s annual Performance Plan and Report (PPR)
• Lead the development of performance indicators and establish baselines and targets for output, outcome, and impact level monitoring, as well as benchmarks for performance.
• Carry out the work included in the MEL Plan, including the Monitoring and Evaluation Systems for program indicators.
• Oversee collection and recording of data on project progress on pre-designed templates prepared for each project indicator.
• Undertake or oversee field visits to project sites to check data collection and promote beneficiary understanding and gain feedback of the project impacts.
• Monitor project implementation to ensure that the program is achieving desired goals and objectives.
• Maintain a comprehensive and well-organized backup document management system for indicators and activities, to ensure verifiability of all data and analysis provided to USAID (audit function).
• Assist project management and communications staff in assembling graphics, charts and indicator data for input to periodic reporting.
• Gather, observe, or report all potential ‘success’ or ‘human interest’ stories which may help to document the impact of school and health center construction, or related activities, on the local people and communities.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in communications, environment, science, public relations, statistics or a relevant field from an accredited university. Master’s degree in a related field desirable.
• At least 5 years of experience on donor-funded projects, preferably of a similar nature.
• Ability to travel to project sites in Jordan.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Previous engagement on USAID-funded programs highly desirable
Amount of Travel Required
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
CDM Smith Employment Type