Medical Officer – Amman (Jordan)
Employer: HumaniTerra International – Jordan
Starting Date: March 2018
3 Months (renewable)
8 Hours (full time)
PRESENTATION OF HUMANITERRA
HumaniTerra International (HTI) is a French humanitarian surgical care NGO. Its purpose is to help countries and people in the midst of serious political, economic and human crises to improve surgical care. Since its creation in 1998, over 800 professionals have been involved, with the goal of successfully fulfilling this mission worldwide.
HumaniTerra International, with its volunteer teams, is committed to contributing its skills in three key areas:
1. Surgery Response Team: Its network of professional medical volunteers allows HumaniTerra to respond adequately with specialized teams and equipment.
2. Training: HumaniTerra aims to develop local human resources and to help surgical teams become autonomous. A key action is the local training program for health professionals that includes a surgical companionship component; and, high-level training programs for foreign doctors in French hospitals.
3. Renovation: In order to ensure self-sufficiency, local medical services must have adequate hospital structures. To develop these structures, HumaniTerra provides expertise in hospital infrastructure building, rehabilitates existing buildings and equipment (operating rooms, anesthesia, radiology…), adapting to the local environment.
PRESENTATION OF THE PROJECT
In Jordan, the project of HumaniTerra is called “Reconstructive Surgery program for vulnerable
Jordanian and Syrian Refugees”. It has the following objectives:
– To improve the capacity and the efficiency of the reconstructive and burn surgery department in Irbid and Amman public’s hospitals,
– To build capacities of Jordanian medical teams within the reconstructive and burn department in accordance with the Directors and the local medical staffs.
– To provide qualitative reconstructive surgery to vulnerable Jordanians and Syrian refugees in need of treatment.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
HumaniTerra International (HTI) – Jordan is seeking qualified Medical Officer for its Jordan Country Office, in Irbid. She/he will be responsible to prepare and ensure the success of the surgical mission in Jordan by following up with the referrals and responding to phone call inquiries of beneficiaries and provide them with proper and full accurate information on eligibility for assistance, the terms of the process for surgical/medical intervention should be by following the guidelines of HumaniTerra International.
Under the supervision of the Medical Manager (MM), the Medical Officer will:
Be in charge the medical hotline management, in receiving and responding to phone calls from beneficiaries and providing beneficiaries required information.
Collect and record received calls with details and report them on database on a regular basis.
Liaise with referred cases from JHAS, UNHCR and other agencies
Keep updated data records and support in analysis and reporting on regular basis; ensuring quality, consistency, accuracy, truthfulness, comprehensiveness of all collected data.
Regularly update the information collected on the “google drive”.
With the support of the MM, prepare weekly update reports on hotline database.
Attend and facilitate with the team during the mission in Irbid and Amman.
Translate medical document from Arabic to English and vice versa when needed.
Facilitate the preparation of the surgical mission by contacting and informing the related patients.
Follow up with the patients operated during the mission.
If needed, the medical officer can represent HumaniTerra during related meetings (NGOs, UNHCR, JHAS, medical teams) to promote HumaniTerra’s activities.
Follow up with the referrals received from other NGOs and send feed backs.
Report immediately to the MM or Head of mission any problem arising in the projects.
Note that this job description must remain flexible to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager
Responsibilities towards HumaniTerra
General knowledge of HTI
Has a general understanding of HumaniTerra, its functioning, structure and values (charter);
Is aware of HTI objectives and activities in general and in the working context;
Participates actively in meetings and trainings.
Observes security procedures when instructed.
Follow-up local and regional news and keeps information up-to-date.
Keep all data confidential
Skills and requirements:
– Holds medical background (Doctor / Nurse) that qualifies him/her to be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures related to the type of the mission.
– 0-2 years’ experience in a similar position with NGO/INGOs (required)
– A willingness to learn quickly and improve on his/her skills.
– Excellent communication, diplomatic and motivational skills with program staff, beneficiaries and other stakeholders in the areas of activities.
– Strong attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and problem solving in a fast moving, multi-site environment.
– High skills in MS Excel and English at higher intermediate level will be an advantage.
– Team player.
– Fluent in writing and spoken English, French is a plus
Interested applicants should submit their curriculum vitae and cover letter in English no later than theÂ 20th of March 2018 to the following email address: [email protected] Please state the job title (HTI/Medical Officer) in the subject line.
ONLY CANDIDATES MEETING THE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CALLED FOR AN INTERVIEW
HTIÂ is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Needed Medical Officer
Medical Officer – Amman (Jordan)