FAST M&E specialist – consultant
World Vision International – Jordan:
Join and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in 1950 & operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Position: FAST M&E specialist – consultant
The M&E Specialist will support a large WV-led humanitarian consortium. She/he has overall responsibility for providing coordination for monitoring and evaluation requirements of the grant, including working with consortium partners’ M&E teams; consolidating data from the monthly reporting, baselines, third-partner monitoring report and evaluations; and standard reporting. The M&E Specialist principally will oversee ongoing data collection quality and report of out and outcome level indicators. M&E Specialist will also be responsible in assisting the MEAL Director with various cross-functional tasks which contribute to the grant’s accomplishments in accurate and objective way.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will also support all 5 INGO consortium members and local partners in establishing their M&E and reporting systems and provide technical assistance to improve their understanding of project reporting a performance-based management approach. In addition, to monitoring and evaluation, the position will support reporting activities, including the training of staff, M&E system quality checks.
Key Objectives (in order of priority, if possible)
- FAST reporting requirements and quality check consortium achievements
· Oversee and execute M&E activities with particular focus on results and outcomes as well as in lesson learnt. Establish working relationships with various consortium M&E teams that are accountable and effective.
· Undertake regular visits (virtual and in person) to all consortium partner offices to support implementation of M&E and to identify where adaptations might be needed. Assist all local M&E staff teams.
· Clarify and/or facilitate process for monitoring and evaluations of sub-grantees
· Support the FAST consortium partners with streamlining indicator tracking methodologies, and reporting disaggregated information meeting donor requirements (sector, gender, vulnerabilities, etc.)
· Lead the process in finalizing the monthly out indicator reporting and beneficiary reach in the subsequent months
Six-month reports to donor with accurate, verified, quality information with verified variance explanations.
Tracking the beneficiary reach and its representation on the overall FAST MEAL dashboard
Strong M&E processes are applied. Frequent, productive engagements occur with each of the consortium members M&E teams and local partners.
Strong M&E processes are applied
Field staff is included in M&E process as appropriate
Sub grantees demonstrate required M&C capacity and produce quality M&E reports
- Technical support for the FAST third party monitoring processes
· Lead and support the technical MEAL requirements – customization of the TPM tools to meet FAST requirements in consultation with the MEAL director
· Follow up on the field coordination with the TPM vendor and the consortium partners on field and site visits
· Lead the technical review of the incoming reports from each TPM cycle – Internal and external
· Review and update the TPM reports
· Ensure documentation of action plans and action steps executed and track findings resolved vs pending
Technical review matrix in place and action plans and resolutions updated
Focal point for TPM initiatives and outputs
Feedback findings into the FAST MEAL working group and PMU for action.
Track and update the FAST TPM evidence sheet tracker
- M&E consultant supports the harmonization and reporting of FAST monitoring process among the key consortium partners.
· Coordinate across consortium’s M&E and Ops / grants teams to standardize, refine, and consolidate their ITT (Indicator tracking table) progress reports in accordance with approved reporting formats and ensure their timely submission. This includes monthly/ six months’ progress reports, annual project reports, inception reports, and ad-hoc operational or technical reports.
· Prepare consolidation progress reports for grant management including identification of problems, causes of potential bottlenecks in the project implementation, and providing specific recommendations.
· With MEAL Director, identify strengths and weaknesses in existing data collection and management systems and propose solutions to improve knowledge management activities. To this regard, work closely with Information Management and the IM System
· Draft tools and their revisions as well as data collection procedures (eg. logical framework, project performance tracking, indicators, data flow chart, M&E manuals)
Standardized FAST monitoring reporting in place
Reporting of quality indicators and information and is submitted on time
Monitor and track progress of information on the FAST IM build dashboards
Prepare trend analysis and time series
High quality reporting is in place with actionable next steps and learning
Major challenges are anticipated and mitigation actions planned
- Lead the M&E capacity assessment process of FAST consortium partners
Assess and plan for training needs in M&E for FAST grant MEAL staff, implementing partners, and local organizations and strengthening local M&E and data analysis and use capacity
FAST partner – monitoring assessment report in place
If you meet our requirements, please submit your resume with a covering letter via [email protected]