All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Duties and responsibilities
Roles and Responsibilities
NRC Jordan’s Livelihoods team is hiring an Information Management Technical officer who acts as data focal point for Livelihood – Transition to Employment programme to support all data collection, management, analysis, and reporting associated with the project being carried out in northern Jordan. Under the supervision of the Livelihood Project Manager, the IM Technical Officer will work closely with the Livelihood Team to ensure all relevant participant information, attendance, and reporting systems are running effectively and efficiently. In addition, this position will support the livelihoods team on a multitude of tasks such maintaining the T2E database based on evolving needs and requirement of the T2E programme, ensuring the information management procedures and work instructions are maintained by the team, and collecting information needed to transition job seekers into longer-term employment. This position will involve field work and travel between the project sites.
- Act as data focal point for the Livelihood programme by making sure data meets the information needs of the implementation teams and the M&E team
- Maintain and organize all information management systems related to Livelihood T2E programme
- Ensure data collection procedures and work instructions are maintained by the team
- Deliver regular internal updates and monthly reports on key project indicators, progress, and forecasting
- Conduct additional qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis as requested by the project manager
- Extract regularly post placement data and share the updates with the team for anything in order to ensure that the beneficiaries are receiving the services
- When needed, support the migration of all information management systems of T2E program to a case management software
- Ensure NRC’s data protection policy is being applied to all activities and staff are aware of the specific data protection protocols
- Train relevant project staff on data collection and field level quality control measures Liaise with NRC’s
- Monitoring and Evaluation department to ensure reporting requirements are met
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies, guidelines and standards.
- Ensure compliance with Core Competency strategy, tools, handbooks, guidelines and standards.
- Responsible for implementation of technical activities of Core Competency project(s).
- Responsible for tracking financial expenditures for technical activities of Core Competency project(s).
- Responsible for technical quality control and monitoring of project activities.
- Ensure project documentation of technical activities of Core Competency project(s).
- Provide technical support and capacity building towards project staff.
- Provide technical analysis and feedback to NRC representatives in coordination forums.
- Assess, promote and document ideas for technical improvement and further program development options.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Promote the rights of internally displaced/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Monitor and document the implementation of project activities done by implementing partners and/or contractors (plan of action activities, contracts, financial expenditures and project documentation).
- Conduct quality control and provide technical support to implementing partners and/or contactors.
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
1. Professional Competencies
- Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Experience from working within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Core competency expertise.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities. Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
2. Context/specific skills, knowledge and experience:
Qualification requirement: Bachelor degree or equivalent Years of Experience: 2
Bachelor degree or equivalent in Computer Science, IT, Computer Systems Engineer, Management Information Systems or related field
Substantial experience in collecting and managing quantitative and qualitative data Advanced knowledge in Excel and Access (or equivalent)
Experience working with visualization software (Tableau, PowerBI, etc.) Background in mobile data collection
Previous management and training experience Experience managing Payment/Finance Systems
Experience working with Humanitarian or Development Agencies a plus
3. Behavioral Competencies:
Working with people
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are
- Relevant core competency implementation staff
- M&E department
We can offer
Contract period: Through to 30 September 2020 (Renewal based on funding and performance)
Salary/benefits: 1347 JOD (subject to social security and Income tax)
Duty station: Irbid
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved
in illegal activities.
NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
B: Please enter your specific city of residency in Jordan in your application.
To review the Job Description, please download it by clicking on the “Job Description” hyperlink
showed below under the related documents field.
NRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing,
training or any other fees). Offers of employment or job openings with requests for payment of fees are fraudulent.
Victims of such scams should report them to their local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
For more jobs follow us on Twitter @nrc_jobs