The development goal of the Small-ruminants Investments and Graduating Households in Transition (SIGHT) project is to contribute to reducing poverty and enhancing national food security in Jordan by improving the productivity of small-ruminants and to assist Syrian Refugees and host communities to graduate out of poverty. The development objective is to increase the income of 3650 targeted households through providing sustainable production capacity.
Target Areas: The project will be implemented in the six northern and central governorates of Mafraq, Irbid, Jerash, Ajloun, Madaba and the outskirts of Amman.
Tasks and Duties:
develop a strategic plan for implementing the graduation packages in the target area based on an in-depth learning and understanding of the graduation approach;
1. identify the villages within governorates based on project’s targeting criteria;
2. undertake a market assessment to identify livelihood opportunities for the target group, access to essential services and partnerships for potentially complementary government social protection;
3. identify and enrol participants in the graduation programme;
4. develop poverty graduation plans for the participating households;
5. provide participants with support identified in the poverty graduation plan including consumption support, asset, technical, savings, business and life skills training, intensive mentoring & coaching;
6. monitor and evaluate participants’ progress; and
7. provide quarterly reports and final report to the PMU.
-Excellent English and Arabic language skills (written and spoken)
-Experience at the international level Poverty Approach with particular emphasis on implementation and reporting
-Extent of knowledge and experience in rural livelihoods issues
-Years of Experience:10- 15
please do send your CV and mention in the subject the vacancy to: [email protected]