Collateral Repair Project, founded in 2006 to support refugees living in Jordan, runs two community centers serving urban refugees and needy Jordanians in the East Amman neighborhoods of Hashemi Shamali & Wast Al-Balad. While urban refugees make up over 80% of the refugee population in Jordan, the majority of international funding has been directed to refugees living in—or in close proximity to—refugee camps. This has begun to change, but refugees living in East Amman have still been among the most neglected in Jordan and CRP serves hundreds of extremely vulnerable families who have received no assistance whatsoever from other organizations. CRP seeks to address these families’ basic needs and provide programming to enable families to rebuild their lives in Jordan.
CRP’s holistic approach focuses on positive growth and change. We first provide families with emergency assistance—mainly food aid—in order to reduce stress due to their inability to meet their basic needs. Once their subsistence needs are met, beneficiaries can begin to rebuild their lives with support from CRP’s range of psychosocial, educational, and community-building programming. CRP’s programs include computer classes, English lessons, trauma-sensitive yoga, a men’s support group, women’s empowerment workshops, children’s activities, and art workshops. Volunteers from Jordan and abroad run all of the programming at CRP, with many programs led by refugees who have participated in CRP’s leadership trainings.
The Finance/Operation Manager has overall management responsibility for the finance and accounting functions, budgeting, controlling and managing the service team.
The Finance Officer is responsible for activities including but not limited to:
- Supporting the Executive Director (ED) with the needed financial and budgeting data to help in decision-making.
- Maintaining accurate and updated data on accounting software
- Managing organizational cash flow, including preparation of monthly disbursal requests, follow up on donor payment, operations cash reconciliation and all bank account reconciliation.
- Controlling daily disbursements and ensuring they align with the budgets
- Preparing budgets to be submitted to donors for new funding
- Controlling spending from a variety of program budgets
- Preparing financial donor reports and ensuring compliance with donor requirements
- Preparing and presenting monthly financial and project report for the ED
- Human resources and operations oversight, including tracking all organizational agreements and employment contracts
- Handling all the tax and social security payments
- Supporting external audits
- As an Operations Committee member, participating in a weekly meeting to plan and facilitate a smooth implementation of daily activities
- Managing the services team (cleaners, cooks, etc.)
- Detail-oriented, with a strong understanding of standard accounting practices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated flexibility and creativity in planning and problem solving
- Proven ability to learn quickly, take initiative, and be accountable for results
- Conscientious, with an excellent sense of judgment
- Mastery of Excel required, knowledge of accounting software is highly desired
- Strong understanding of accounting principles
- Ability to develop and report against project budgets
- Fluent Arabic and advanced English language skills
- Proactive individual who takes initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail, driven, and can work independently without direction
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or other related fields. CMA is preferred.
- A minimum of 7 to 10 years of experience in accounting or finance management, At least 3 years in the humanitarian sector
- Proven experience in accounting, budgeting, and project management
- Expertise in spreadsheet applications (Excel), and experience with accounting software (Xero, QuickBooks, or similar)
- Proven experience in managing accounting and budgets in an NGO context
- Proven experience in completing monthly and annual financial reports
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent English language skills. **
Interested candidates can submit their CV with a cover letter via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Finance/Operations Manager”