Electrical Construction Engineer, OCONUS Jordan,Azraq, Jordan
Jordan – Zarqa, Azraq
AECOM is seeking an Electrical Construction Engineer for an anticipated position supporting a construction effort in the country of Jordan. The position will serve as a project engineer with technical responsibility for planning and conducting technical projects or phases or projects. Perform electrical design and investigative services including electric power distribution networks, power load determination, exterior electric, interior electric, fire alarm systems, and site lighting. The work location for this position is on the MUWAFFAQ-SALTI Air Base (MSAB) in Jordan.
- Ensure compliance with established standards, guides, precedents, methods, and techniques within discipline.
- Establish electrical and electronic engineering design criteria and provides guidance and evaluation for facility projects.
- Conduct work in specialty for high voltage electrical distribution systems; electrical system load and short-circuit studies; instrumentation, and control systems; power and lighting systems, fire detection systems, cathodic protection systems, isolated and emergency power systems, electric power distribution networks, and other unique electrical / electronic systems.
- Assist in the development and recommend design approaches for new and improved products and or processes.
- Conduct technical investigation involving the origination or modification of material, component or process specifications.
- Act as the Alternate Site Manager assuming Site Management duties when the Site Manager is unavailable.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or in an appropriate engineering discipline;
- Four (4) years of job related experience;
- Experience with electrical design to include complete design and investigative services including electric power distribution networks, power load determination, exterior electric, interior electric, fire alarm systems, and site lighting;
- Proficiency in AutoCAD 2012 or later;
- Experience with power system analysis software;
- Position requires minimum of Secret Clearance and the ability to maintain it;
- Due to nature of the work, candidate must be a US Citizen.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering
Business Line Management Services
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 209287BR
Clearance Required Yes
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.