Chemonics seeks a deputy chief of party for the anticipated USAID/Jordan Public Accountability and Justice Strengthening Activity in Amman, Jordan. The anticipated program is a $25-$50 million activity that aims to strengthen accountability within the government of Jordan and judicial institutions while bolstering the ability of civil society and the public and private sectors to hold the government to account in adherence to the law and the protection of vulnerable populations. Particularly, the deputy chief of party will ensure the design and successful implementation of activities that promote the rule of law. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Design and implement interventions that support visible improvements in both public accountability and independence and increased public demand for the judicial sector and public sector transparency, which may include targeted capacity-building activities that support governmental institutions’ ability to uphold and promote the rule of law and protection of human rights and awareness activities that increase citizens’ knowledge of and respect for the rule of law
- Supervise the technical and operational implementation of field interventions that promote the rule of law
- Oversee the provision of grants to civil society organizations to raise awareness on the rule of law
- Work with technical leads and program support staff to design integrated and cohesive interventions that increase both the supply and demand sides of rule of law
- Establish and maintain good program partnerships with local organizations, relevant NGOs, governmental counterparts, media, and other donor agencies and programs
- Work with monitoring and evaluation and reporting specialists to provide input for regular and ad hoc reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual), annual work plans, and other written communications and deliverables
- Serve as Acting chief of party in the absence
- At least a bachelor’s degree in law or other relevant fields
- Minimum of seven years of professional experience within Jordan in promoting the rule of law
- Experience with multi-sectoral programs that address rule of law
- Experience working with USAID and other project donors preferred
- Experience working with the Government of Jordan and local organizations is an asset
- Demonstrated management/supervisory experience
- Strong writing and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic required
How to apply
Send electronic submissions to [email protected] Please submit CV, cover letter, and three references, with the position title in the subject line no later than October 28, 2020. Early submissions are encouraged. No telephone inquiries, please. Only finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.