Component Lead- Women””s Access to Private Sector Jobs
Req ID: COMPO01868
Posted Date: 2019-12-20
Schedule: Full Time
Location: Amman, Jordan JOR
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative Associates seeks a Component Lead for an anticipated Women’s Economic Empowerment activity based in Amman, Jordan. The activity has three objectives:
- Improve women’s access to jobs and leadership opportunities in the private sector.
- Improve perceptions and advocacy.
- Create more equitable and safer working environments.
The Component Lead will improve women’s access to jobs and leadership opportunities in the private sector so that they may participate in more active roles in the workforce and economy of Jordan. The Component Lead will oversee the planning and technical design to promote women’s increased access while addressing impediments to women’s economic empowerment specific to the Jordanian context.
Reporting & Supervision:
Reporting to the Chief of Party (COP), the Component Lead will be responsible for managing technical initiatives and programming for Objective 1.
- Lead the technical approach by working with local non-profits, private sector entities, and government agencies;
- Manage stakeholder involvement in Component 1 programming;
- Develop tools to increase women’s access to private sector jobs and leadership opportunities; and
- Support women entrepreneurship and self-employment.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- At least a Masters’ degree in business, economics, statistics, international development, or a related field (or, alternately, a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and five additional years of relevant experience);
- At least five (5) years’ private sector experience and programs experience on U.S. Government (USG)-financed projects in Jordan; and
- Experience with implementing USG-financed contracts;
- Experience working with Persons with Disabilities preferred; and
- Arabic fluency highly preferred.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)