Chief of Party, USAID, Amman, Jordan
Chief of Party,
USAID, Amman, Jordan
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Chief of Party will be responsible for all aspects of project, technical, financial and personnel management. He or she will be responsible for overseeing the completion of all deliverables required under the project as well as overall compliance with the contract. This work will involve team management, technical guidance, administrative coordination, operations oversight, and client relations. The Chief of Party must have excellent oral and written communication skills, analytic skills, interpersonal skills, team management skills. There will be frequent travel to Turkey, Lebanon and Erbil, Iraq.
- Lead program implementation and oversee all technical and managerial decisions related to all project deliverables.
- Ensure the quality of the data collected in the field is valid and in line with the technical design of the project.
- Review and correct, if needed, all monitoring reports prior to submission to the MSI HQ.
- Communicate any monitoring activity shortcomings to relevant parties and take the appropriate steps to improve team and individual performance when and where needed.
- Responsible for the quality and timeliness of all project deliverables
- Management of MSI’s team in the field, including office set-up, personnel recruiting and training
- Supervise both long and short-term U.S., third country, and local experts.
- Ensure quality oversight of all services rendered for the project, including those from short-term experts for data collection, data analysis and other assignments.
- Coordinate with MSI home office on administrative, financial and technical activities, as needed.
- Represent MSI in meetings with senior USAID and implementing partner representatives.
- Perform other program-related duties assigned by MSI HQ staff.
- The Chief of Party must have at least 10 years of progressively responsible experience in the humanitarian, development, or transition field. Within the 10 years of experience, the Chief of Party must have at least five years of experience managing teams and should have at least three years of experience working in conflict zones.
- Previous experience in monitoring and evaluation is required.
- Previous experience managing third party monitoring projects, monitoring and evaluation support projects, or large-scale evaluations is highly desirable.
- The Chief of Party should have previous experience conducting quantitative and qualitative field research in conflict zones.
- Previous experience working on programs implemented in Syria is highly desirable.
- Previous experience managing sub-contractors is highly desirable.
- Previous experience implementing a USAID-funded program is desirable.
- Arabic language skills are desirable.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com