Kuwait City, Kuwait
Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride- hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 130 cities across 15 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region and host over 30 million users.
About the role
The main purpose of the role is to cover different aspects of the accounting function including – GL maintenance, bank and fund management, sending out copy of statements and invoices through to collection, resolving queries, and reducing debtor days. The role will also manage the payable by dealing with all aspects of the Accounts Payable function, from supplier inception through payment and query handling. Key responsibilities include:
- Posting Journals on the ERP and reconcile the banks at the designated frequency
- Raise corporate invoices and send to customers on a monthly basis and issue credit notes and post to Sales Ledger and customers accounts
- Reduce the DSO by ensuring outstanding balances are collected in a timely and efficient manner
- Allocate bank transfers, card payments, and cheque payments to customers accounts against due invoices, ensure customers reconciliations are performed regularly, and underline overdue accounts
- Handle all credit card and PayPal disputes and communicating with the bank
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative. Additional qualifications include:
- Strong Accountancy experience (at least 4 years professional working experience)
- Good analytical skills and good understanding and working knowledge of book keeping
- Experience in financial reporting and month-end, including preparation and posting of journals and updating reconciliations
- Educated to BS/MS level (or equivalent) within a subject relevant to the position such as Accounting, Finance, or Business Management
What do we offer you?
Working in an international environment with colleagues from 70+ nationalities, an ownership culture, flexible working hours, unlimited (paid!) holidays and the latest technologies.
Careem gives equal opportunities. All aspects of ownership including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for everyone.