The Jordan mission is dynamic and rapidly growing, with large-scale WaSH and Livelihoods programmes being implemented in host communities (Azraq, Irbid, Jerash and Madaba) and the Azraq refugee camp. MHPSS programming is very small in scale, implemented in the north (Irbid). The Jordan Country Strategy has been recently revised, through an in-depth context review, community consultations and internal workshops. The overall objective of the strategy is to strengthen the resilience of vulnerable people to socio-economic and environmental challenges in Jordan, with an emphasis on rural and peri-urban women and youth. The revised strategy, in line with the needs of the Jordanian context, brings up interesting challenges in terms of development-oriented WASH programming, focusing on sustainable and multi-sectoral interventions. With a team of 8 international employees and more than 100 national colleagues, the Action Against Hunger Jordan office manages a portfolio of projects for approximately EUR 7.5 million, in response to the Syria crisis and its reverberating effects on development conditions in Jordan. Donor supporting these programmes range include the EU via MADAD, AFD, GIZ, and SDC.
The coordination office in Amman supports the three operational bases in Azraq, Irbid, and Madaba.
Azraq base, with approximately 20 national employees, covers activities in Azraq Camp, where Action Against Hunger is a core WaSH service provider and addresses the needs of 35,000 individuals. In host communities in Azraq Town, Action Against Hunger is conducting Livelihoods programming implemented in collaboration with the Munipality and local farmers and cooperatives.
Irbid is the fastest growing base of Jordan mission, with currently close to 60 staff and the largest number of projects and grants. FSL, WaSH, and MHPSS projects are implemented in host communities in Irbid governorate.
One project focused on preventing soil erosion via short-term livelihoods opportunities is being implemented in Madaba.
Jordan is considered as a stable country where security conditions enable safe implementation of projects.
Position and Responsibilities
You will be in charge to establish and maintain the quality, relevance, and measured scale of the Action Against Hunger WASH strategy and programmes in Jordan for Syrian refugees and vulnerable Jordanian households in conformity with Action Against Hunger and international standards and national policies.
Your main priorities will be:
- Pursue WASH programme development, including pushing forward into new or expanding on existing thematic areas of programming, ensuring integration with other programmes and strong leadership on cross-cutting issues
- Review the orientation of the WASH strategy in line with the review of the Jordan country strategy
- Expand on Action Against Hunger’s position as a technically sound and well-informed actor in the WASH sector through inter-agency coordination as well as partnership development and management
- Take action on advocacy inroads and approaches on critical matters affecting WASH, in line with the humanitarian and development agendas in Jordan and Action Against Hunger’s global and regional positions and priorities
- Build and reinforce the technical capacity of Action Against Hunger’s team in Jordan on the dimensions of WASH and its intersections with cross-cutting issues
You are proactive, oriented toward linking field-level evidence to persuasive interactions with key stakeholders on Action Against Hunger’s added value in the WASH sector.
You have an empowering attitude to generate both positivity and momentum at field level as well as through more diplomatic engagement of key stakeholders such as government ministries and donors.
You need to be communicative so as to leverage existing relationships and maximise on inroads that will support WASH programme development.
You should present the required technical skills to ensure quality and cost-effectiveness of WASH interventions in Jordan, as well as proved management skills to oversee the work of Action Against Hunger’s WASH team in Jordan.
You are a good team player, networker, and strategic thinker, and demonstrate initiative and creativity.
Contract: 12 months fixed term contract under French legislation or Jordan legislation
Conditions for French Contract:
- Monthly gross salary from 2450 to 2800 € upon experience
- Per diem and living allowance: 285€ + 357€ (cf eurocost) net, field paid.
- +150€ as country allowance
- 16% of monthly gross. For non-French citizen for retrocession of retirement and unemployment insurance.
- child allowance
Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:
- 25 days of paid leaves per year
- 20 RnR per year.
- 215 € at each RnR period (averagely every 3 months )
- Support for transport tickets to the reference recovery area.
- 2/3 days training on finance tools before departure
- Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©.
- Technical trainings at HQ or regional level (averagely 1 per year).
- Intermission Workshop once a year.
- Participation to external trainings costs upon eligibility of the request.
Why to join us?
If you enjoy taking up new challenges, are solution-oriented, have a zeal for programme integration, and are committed to gender equity, join the team!
How to apply
To apply, please visit our website: https://recrutement.actioncontrelafaim.org/fr/offre/4859