Monitoring & Evaluations Officer
The Maram Foundation for Relief and Development (Maram) is a non-profit organization, founded by American-Syrian activists with the aim of alleviating the suffering of people in need since its inception to date the foundation had delivered lifesaving aidand developmental projects to hundreds of thousands of Syrian IDPs and refugees along with host committees. For more information please visit our website **http://maramfoundation.org/
Vacancy Ref. no: MF-HR/18-114
*Function and Organizational Relationships
The Monitoring and Evaluations Officer (MEO) is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and reliability and analysis of data collected from the field. He/she works closely with the M&E field and programs teams to provide reliable information for coordination and management decision making and recommendations on projects. The MEO reports directly to the Country Director.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Design of information collection tools and research methodologies and translating these tools and methodologies;
- Ensure data received from the field is correct and usable for integration into the central database and reporting;
- Maintain hard copies and soft copies of all M&E related documents;
- Collection and management of datasets, including verification and update;
- Administer the information collected through the feedback and complaints mechanism;
- Working with the M&E teams in Turkey and inside Syria to brief them on upcoming activities, methodologies, and research tools for M&E activities;
- Coordinate in identifying and implementing training needs for data collectors where appropriate;
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure all potential data collection needs are addressed;
- Draft M&E reports, lesson learned and provide correction inputs;
- Provide inputs for general reports;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
§ Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Business administration or a related field, supplemented by professional training in M&E techniques·
§ At least three years of relevant experience including one year in NGO setting and preferably in conflict and remote management;
§ Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word is required;
§ Familiarity with the Syrian conflict;
§ Ability to use statistical programs and analyze data, draw conclusions, and high skills in reporting.
§ Good organizational and problem-solving skills
§ Good interpersonal, management and leadership skills
§ Language skills: Arabic and English are required, Turkish is an asset;
§ Knowledge ODK logistical software; knowledge of KOBO is an asset;
§ Must be a Jordanian national. **
Maram Foundation is committed to equal opportunities employment; therefore, we encourage applications from marginalized populations. All applicants and employees at Maram Foundation will enjoy equality of opportunities and fair treatment without regard to:
- Race, color, ethnicity, age, sex, religion, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, or marital status.
The Interested candidate is kindly requested to send CV via-email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 10-July-2018 and include the Vacancy Reference number in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.